rukaio101

The Anime Thread- Summer 2015

19 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

So I was watching Jojo and doesn't seem to enjoy it. Should I just read summary and jump to season 3, I heard that's when it starts to get good.

I thought both S1 and S2 were short and sweet, while season 3 is more long winded but with a great ending. If you didn't like the show so far you probably won't like season 3 either.

• Like 1

Someone told me devilman may be the most fucked up thing on netflix. I was like no way. Just watched the first episode and after picking up my jaw - maybe it is. Definition of R-rated show. Though i think shows like Higurashi are more cringing to me. Devilman just has over the top violent deaths but they are quick.

Thought it'd be nice to post the 2nd annual Crunchyroll Anime Awards nominees here.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurenorsini/2018/01/17/here-are-all-the-nominees-for-the-crunchyroll-anime-awards/#4640c415222d

Anime of the Year

March comes in like a lion Season 2

Made in Abyss

Land of the Lustrous

My hero Academia Season 2

Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjū Season 2

Little Witch Academia

Manga of the Year

Golden Kamuy Vol. 1

My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness

My Brother's Husband Vol. 1

In This Corner of the World

Descending Stories: Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjū 

Delicious in Dungeon Vol. 1

Best Action 

My Hero Academia Season 2

Land of the Lustrous

Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 2

Attack on Titan Season 2

Fate/Apocrypha

Best Drama

Shows Genroku Rakugo Shinjū Season 2

Made in Abyss

The Ancient Magus' Bride

Scum's Wish

ACCA: 13-Territory Inspection Dept.

Best Comedy

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid

Mr. Osomatsu Season 2

Little Witch Academia

KoboSuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! Season 2

GAMERS!

Tsuredure Children

Best Slice of Life

Recovery of an MMO Junkie

Tsuki ga Kirei

Girl's Last Tour

Kemono Girls

Sakura Quest

Interview with Monster Girls

Best Continuing Series

March comes in like a lion.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans

Dragon Ball Super

Detective Conan

ALL-OUT!!

Naruto: Shippuden 

Best Animation

Land of the Lustrous

Little Witch Academia

A Silent Voice

Hero of the Year

Izuku "Deku" Midoriya, My Hero Academia

Gin Minowa, Yuki Yuna is a Hero

Atsuko "Akko" Kagari, Little Witch Academia

Kukuri, Magical Circle Guru Guru

Chise Hatori, The Ancient Magus' Bride

Nanachi, Made in Abyss

Best Villain

Stain, My Hero Academia

Tanya Degurechaff, Saga of Tanya the Evil

Bondrewd, Made in Abyss

Cartaphilus, The Ancient Magus' Bride

Hiro Shishigami, Inuyashiki

Usagi, Juni Taisen: Zodiac War

Best Opening (this is a song-based category)

The Ancient Magus' Bride

Attack on Titan Season 2

Princess Principal

Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjū Season 2

Best Ending (this is a song-based category)

Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond

Land of the Lustrous

Recovery of an MMO Junkie

Just Because!

Best Boy

Shoto Todoroki, My Hero Academia Season 2

Rei Kiriyama, March comes in like a lion Season 2

Kazuma, KonoSuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! Season 2

Izuku "Deku" Midoriya, My Hero Academia

Fafnir, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid

Yakumo Yuurakutei, Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjū Season 2

Best Girl

Atsuko "Akko" Kagari, Little Witch Academia

Ochako Uraraka, My Hero Academia

Moriko Morioka, Recovery of an MOM Junkie

Serval, Kemono Friends

Tsuyu Asui, My Hero Academia

Chise Hatori, The Ancient Magus' Bride

Best Film

A Silent Voice

Your Name

In This Corner of the World

Girls and Panzer movie

Kizumonogatari III: Reiketsu-hen

Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel - I. Presage Flower

Best CGI 

Land of the Lustrous

Kado: The Right Answer

Re:Creators

Attack on Titan: Season 2

Knight's & Magic

Inuyashiki

Best Score

Made in Abyss

Little Witch Academia

Land of the Lustrous

The Ancient Magus' Bride

Re:Creators

Nomination Counts for Shows or Films with Two Or More Nominations

My Hero Academia Season 2 - 10

Land of the Lustrous - 6

Little Witch Academia - 6

March comes in like a lion Season 2 - 6

The Ancient Magus' Bride - 6

Made in Abyss - 5

Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjū Season 2 - 4

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid - 4

Attack on Titan Season 2 - 3

A Silent Voice - 2

Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond - 2

Inuyashiki - 2

Kemono Friends - 2

KoboSuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World Season 2 - 2

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - 2

Recovery of an MMO Junkie - 2

Re:Creators - 2

Personally, I'm really happy with the six nominations The Ancient Magus' Bride received, even if it didn't get into Anime of the Year (I think I understand why it was omitted).

New season impressions, these are the ones to look out for.

1. A Place Further Than The Universe

2. Violet Evergarden

3. Darling in the FranXX

4. After the Rain

5. Yuru Camp

6. Karakai Jozu no Takagi-san

I was super hyped for Violet Evergarden so its surprising to see a show beat it out early in the season. Darling in the FranXX also has huge potential being listed as 24 episodes.

Obviously nice returns for Cardcaptor Sukara after 20 years, nostalgic as fuck. Seven Deadly Sins season 2 should be great also listed for 24 episodes.

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, eXtacy said:

Perfectly good six just maybe Little Witch Academia could be switched out with a few other slightly better shows.

I think Made in Abyss will take it

I think if the judges' voting and the fan voting are separate, Made in Abyss would probably win the judges' vote while My Hero Academia would win the fan vote. If I find myself with time to watch more anime, I'll try to watch the other nominees besides My Hero Academia before I vote.

By the way, I think another Winter 2018 anime to keep an eye on is Record of Grancrest War. It's a fantasy series, and the pilot episode, directed by someone who had worked on Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjū, was very smoothly edited. It may not end up being the best, but it may end up being worth a look.

And I had a smidge of an inkling that A Place Further than the Universe would be distinct and exemplary. Is it a good one?

10 hours ago, eXtacy said:

New season impressions, these are the ones to look out for.

1. A Place Further Than The Universe

2. Violet Evergarden

3. Darling in the FranXX

4. After the Rain

5. Yuru Camp

6. Karakai Jozu no Takagi-san

I was super hyped for Violet Evergarden so its surprising to see a show beat it out early in the season. Darling in the FranXX also has huge potential being listed as 24 episodes.

Obviously nice returns for Cardcaptor Sukara after 20 years, nostalgic as fuck. Seven Deadly Sins season 2 should be great also listed for 24 episodes.

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-San is absolutely wonderful, loving it so far. Really like Citrus so far as well. 

Also, A Silent Voice getting a nod for best animation over Your Name is positively absurd. As much as I love ASV, I would quite happily frame pretty much any scene from Your Name and hang it on my wall. 

Edited by SchumacherFTW

9 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-San is absolutely wonderful, loving it so far. Really like Citrus so far as well. 

Also, A Silent Voice getting a nod for best animation over Your Name is positively absurd. As much as I love ASV, I would quite happily frame pretty much any scene from Your Name and hang it on my wall. 

A movie should not be in the best animation category against TV series. Its completely unfair to comparing the two.

13 hours ago, slambros said:

And I had a smidge of an inkling that A Place Further than the Universe would be distinct and exemplary. Is it a good one?

Absolutely great first three episodes and I only see it getting better as we get into the adventuring.

Edited by eXtacy

Currently watching: Knights of Sidonia, Jojo Stardust Crusaders and Nisekoi.

I'm fucking lovin Knights of Sidonia. Don't care if its CGI, the show is friggin awesome.

Stardust Crusaders has some really weird shit that made me LOL hard, they don't call it Bizarre Adventures for nothing I guess. Bangle's Walk Like an Egyptian as an ED song is a stroke of genius. (Oh, and fuck the stupid censorship of this show, a fucking cigarrete black barred, come on man)

The odd Shaft animation style and many unnecessary fan service is not doing Nisekoi any favors. I did got me a few laughs at least.

Edited by Boxx93

I finished the Fall's half of the current season of Ancient Magus' Bride, so I'm giving that show a break. I am slowly getting through My Hero Academia, but my incentive to do so isn't immense because I do read the manga, as I do for most 'shonen' titles that interest me.

But the Anime Awards have inspired me to try watching excellent lesser-known shows like:

ACCA: 13-Territory Inspection Dept

Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjū

March comes in like a lion

All of which have great first episodes.

As for this new season, I think A Place Further Than The Universe is pretty strong. I like the continuous plot structure is has that some shows don't seem to have. If other slice of life or 'drama' anime weren't your jam because you thought nothing too interesting was happening in the show aside from character development and character interaction, give this one a try.

And I've watched the first two episodes of Record of Grancrest War. Yeah... if there are any shows on my Crunchyroll queue that may be removed in the future, it's that one. Not that it's flat-out bad- do give it a try if you're curious- it's just that the first two episodes are pretty dull and pretty run-of-the-mill.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, slambros said:

I finished the Fall's half of the current season of Ancient Magus' Bride, so I'm giving that show a break. I am slowly getting through My Hero Academia, but my incentive to do so isn't immense because I do read the manga, as I do for most 'shonen' titles that interest me.

But the Anime Awards have inspired me to try watching excellent lesser-known shows like:

ACCA: 13-Territory Inspection Dept

Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjū

March comes in like a lion

All of which have great first episodes.

As for this new season, I think A Place Further Than The Universe is pretty strong. I like the continuous plot structure is has that some shows don't seem to have. If other slice of life or 'drama' anime weren't your jam because you thought nothing too interesting was happening in the show aside from character development and character interaction, give this one a try.

And I've watched the first two episodes of Record of Grancrest War. Yeah... if there are any shows on my Crunchyroll queue that may be removed in the future, it's that one. Not that it's flat-out bad- do give it a try if you're curious- it's just that the first two episodes are pretty dull and pretty run-of-the-mill.

Rakugo and March Comes in Like a Lion are both excellent dramas, absolutely recommend them to everyone. Never did watch ACCA, tell if it is worth once you finish.

A Place Further Than The Universe is my favourite of the season so far but your actually wrong in saying its a slice of life or drama - I would classify it as an adventure show. Slice of life is more day to day activities (not going somewhere like Antarctica).

As for Grancrest its 24 episodes so far its been underwhelming but being longer show I am giving it a little longer chance to impress.

Fuck. Nisekoi. That show was a piece of garbage. The only salvagable things from that mess was Onodera, Tachibana and the soundtrack. The rest was unbearable. And even if the anime is unfinished I don't even need to read the manga to tell

Spoiler

that Ichijou will choose the gorilla Chitoge in the end and break Onodera's heart in the process.

That's how fucking predictable this piece of shit is. I'll put that in spoilers in case if I get it right.

What hurt it the most wasn't even the stupid fanservice (though blueballing the audience with fucking little fogs covering the tits and ass all the fucking time didn't helped either) but ultimately it was the wasted potential. I can think of many ways how this show could have been so much better and it angers me how the mangaka and the writers of the anime version kept fucking up these characters whenever they could.

Despite that there are a couple of genuinely good episodes in there like Ichijou and Chitoge's mom and Shuu and the female professor. But for any good episode like the ones mentioned, we get many more fucking lame cliche fest episodes like the Hot Spring episode or the one's with Onodera's sister, fuck Onodera's sister, that bitch.

And by the way hitting the main protagonist and yelling him Pervert all the time when it's clearly not it's faul ITS NOT GODDAMN FUNNY. ITS INFURIATING. WHY IS THIS A FUCKING CLICHE???? WHY IS IT EVEN COSIDERED FUNNY??? WHY!!!.....*Breathe Deep* Anyway...

How weird that the more dramatic episodes where much better than the comedic ones despite being a harem comedy. Maybe this should have been a dramatic Kyoto Animation production a la Clannad and not a weird Shaft Akiyuki Shimbo anime, the visual style and the studio didn't work either.

Nisekoi is a total mess. I hated it. 4/10. Horrible.

Currently watching:

Yuri On Ice, Jojo Stardust Crusaders, Knights Of Sidonia.

19 hours ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Dragon Ball Super is pretty fun. Still think Gohan should have become the main protagonist of the series like Toriyama planned

We still got time for Gohan blanco vs Grande Padre

Unrelated but I think Hero acad is the most overrated show/manga in a while. It's just lacking in every department.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

We still got time for Gohan blanco vs Grande Padre

Unrelated but I think Hero acad is the most overrated show/manga in a while. It's just lacking in every department.

Ultra Instinct Shaggy stomps both.

Also it's one of the few recent Shonen anime that I liked

• Haha 1