rukaio101

The Anime Thread- Summer 2015

2 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I thought that about the first season of MHA, but my god did they nail it in the second season. 

I'm up to date on the manga, from the few episodes I have watched I would say the anime is an excellent adaption, one of the best. The problem for me is the source material is good but nothing special. It doesn't have it's own charm like OP or HxH.

I feel like I am legitimately interested in only 3 anime from Winter 2018... only one of them is a Crunchyroll anime (A Place Further than the Universe), and the other two are Amazon anime (After the Rain, Kokoku). The rest are either uninteresting or filled with content I definitely don't want to watch.

The Crunchyroll Anime Awards recently announced their recipients. Here is the list:

Spoiler

Anime of the Year: Made in Abyss

Best Girl: Ochako Uraraka (My Hero Academia)

Best Boy: Shoto Todoroki (My Hero Academia)

Best Manga: My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness

Best Hero: Izuku "Deku" Midoriya (My Hero Academia)

Best Villain: Stain (My Hero Academia)

Best Action: My Hero Academia

Best Drama: The Ancient Magus' Bride

Best Comedy: Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid

Best Slice of Life: Girls' Last Tour

Best Continuing Series: March comes in like a lion

Best Opening: My Hero Academia

Best Ending: Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid

Best Animation: My Hero Academia

Best Score: Made in Abyss

Best Film: Your Name

Best CGI: Land of the Lustrous

6 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Gotta love the My Hero Academia awards. They definitely need a bigger pool of people to get nominees from, then have a split winner for public and "experts". Might seem a bit less silly. 

I absolutely agree with the split vote idea. This is what the magazine Gameinformer does with their end-of-year issues, and it works out beautifully and understandably for them almost every year.

I didn't want to believe the hype... but holy shit, Yuri On Ice is an absolutely wonderful series. The animation, the music, the characters, everything is top notch in this show. After seeing this and Mitchicko and Hatching (currently watching Fujiko Mine too) I can say that I'm a big fan of Sayo Yamamoto as a director. Can't wait for the movie.

Currently watching: Kimi Ni Todoke, Jojo Stardust Crusaders, Lupin III: The woman named Fujiko Mine.

Edited by Boxx93

Watched Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood finally two month ago. Deserves every bit of praise it gets.

Also have tried Fairy Tail and i ended up watching all 277 Episodes in three weeks :hahaha:Its not the best series, some story arcs and cliches are really on the nose, but its just a lot of fun for me.

Really excited for Fairy Tails final season this year and especially Attack on Titan Season 3.

• Like 1

I highly recommend you to watch the Lupin III spin off The Woman Called Fujiko Mine. The art is beautiful, the music is insanely good, the characters are awesome and Fujiko Mine is just hot as fuck. Lots of nudity, but it's done tastefully. This is from the same woman who did Yuri On Ice and Mitchiko and Hatchin BTW, Sayo Yamamoto. Love her work.

Currently watching: Kimi Ni Todoke, Jojo Stardust Crusaders, Lupin III: La aventura italiana.

There's this common catchphrase that says "The destination doesn't matter, it's the journey".

To me I don't think there's any movie or television series that perfectly represents this phrase more than Jojo's Bizarre Adventures: Stardust Crusaders.

In any other anime, the whole story of Stardust Crusaders would have been mindless filler. But the way Hirohiko Araki handles the journey of Jotaro and company to Egypt is just masterful. In fact, the misadventures of the group before they get of Egypt is my favorite part of the series. Witch is why when I got to the second season I got more and more melancholic knowing that the journey is coming to an end. The ending song of Pat Metheny didn't help with that either. BTW I just love the selection of american music for the EDs of this series. Openings as well.

Spoiler

When Dio changed the second OP of Stardust Crusaders, I swear I lost my shit.

And that final fight of Jotaro and Dio ....

OOOOHHH MMYYY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!

My favorite characters are Joseph Joestar and Polnareff. I haven't laughed at an anime this hard since probably Shokugeki No Soma Season 1, that's because of those two.

The only criticisim I have towards this season is that everybody gets more screentime except Jotaro who's suppose to be the protagonist of the show, and there's too much narration like it's a book, but other than that, this show is fucking awesome.

D'arby the gambler is the best enemy Stand BTW.

9,2/10

Currently watching: Kimi Ni Todoke, Shakugan No Shana, Lupin the Third: Part IV.

OH MY GOOOD!!!!

Mob Psycho 100 Anime Gets 2nd Season

The evening session of the "Mob Psycho 100 Reigen ~Shirarezaru Kiseki Reinōryokusha~" (The Miraculous Unknown Psychic) event announced on Sunday that production on a second season for BONES' television anime of ONE's Mob Psycho 100 manga has been green-lit.

The original manga creator ONE (One-Punch Man) launched the Mob Psycho 100 series on Ura Sunday in 2012 and later in Shogakukan's Manga ONE app in 2014, and ended it in December. Shogakukan published the manga's 15th compiled book volume last October.

The anime adaptation of ONE's original manga premiered in Japan in July 2016 and Crunchyroll streamed the series with English subtitles as it aired in Japan. Funimation streamed an English dub for the anime in December 2016.

Funimation describes the story:

Kageyama Shigeo (a.k.a. Mob) is an 8th grader with powerful psychic abilities. Workingunder his not-so-capable master, Reigen, Mob uses his powers to exorcise evil spirits. But his will to be normal causes him to suppress his powers and feelings until he hits 100 percent — a point where his pent-up emotions are unleased and a darker power takes over.

The manga is also inspiring a live-action drama starring Tatsuo Hamada as Shigeo "Mob" Kageyama that premiered in Netflix on January 12, and on TV Tokyo on January 18. In addition, the manga inspired a stage play, in which voice actor Setsuo Ito reprises his role of Mob from the anime. It ran on January 6-14. Sunday's the Mob Psycho 100 Reigen ~Shirarezaru Kiseki Reinōryokusha~ event premiered an event anime of the same name, and this anime is shipping on Blu-ray Disc and DVD this month.

Update: Directo Yuzuru Tachikawa said at the event that the staff at BONES will not change from the first season.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-03-18/mob-psycho-100-anime-gets-2nd-season/.129141

• Like 2

Mob phycho 100 was very good. Glade, it got second season. 

SnK season 3 will most possibly be 1 cour. Fine, ss arc can wait one year. Btw, snk manga is one of the best manga I have ever read.

But not the best, cos that's jojo's ba. It's simply amazing how quality increase with every new part. And anime does it justice.

Opm is going great, next chapter is rumored to be of 150 pages. 

Bnha present arc is meh. I hope it doesn't lose it's quality like other shonen. 

Dragon Ball Super just ended and it's final episode was great, overall the series was pretty poor though and relied on nostalgia. It did have great highs though so if you liked the DB/DBZ it's worth the watch.

The tournament of power for example relied on having a bunch of drivel wrapped around great moments.

I think there's an edit of Dragon Ball Super which could move it from a 6/10 to an 8/10, removing all the pointless exposition and bullshit to literally reduce it's episode count by half.

Edited by IronJimbo

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Dragon Ball Super just ended and it's final episode was great, overall the series was pretty poor though and relied on nostalgia. It did have great highs though so if you liked the DB/DBZ it's worth the watch.

The tournament of power for example relied on having a bunch of drivel wrapped around great moments.

I think there's an edit of Dragon Ball Super which could move it from a 6/10 to an 8/10, removing all the pointless exposition and bullshit to literally reduce it's episode count by half.

It's ongoing Shounen anime, you kinda have to expect some filler.