rukaio101

The Anime Thread- Summer 2015

44 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Unless it's seasonal? Probably not. My Hero Academia season 2 is probably the closest it'll get. 

It's a great adaption it seriously is, it's the source material that let's it down.

On 3/27/2018 at 12:18 AM, elcaballero said:

Anyone have thoughts about the finale to The Ancient Magus Bride? Personally, I'm kind of conflicted about it.

I've only the seen the first half of the season, but I enjoyed what I've seen of it for sure. Is it the season finale or the series finale?

2 hours ago, slambros said:

I've only the seen the first half of the season, but I enjoyed what I've seen of it for sure. Is it the season finale or the series finale?

Not sure, actually. I suppose they could continue it, but it does have a nice little wrap-up.

7 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

Not sure, actually. I suppose they could continue it, but it does have a nice little wrap-up.

The manga's still going according to Wikipedia... and the series is gaining popularity for sure. I wouldn't be surprised to see another season for sure. Not that it'd be a bad thing; the show is deserving of its success!

• Like 1

I've watched the pilot episodes of two new animes that are very accomplished in my opinion.

Hinamatsuri is about a yakuza mobster who comes into contact with a strange young girl and becomes her father figure over time; it is a fairly lighthearted show with great character dynamics, and I recommend it if you need a palate cleanser from all the mainstream awesomeness like Boku no Hero, Persona 5, and Stein's Gate.

Megalo Box is the spin-off project that celebrates the 50th anniversary of the classic boxing anime Ashita no Joe. It is about an underground boxer named Junk Dog who becomes tired of throwing matches in his circuit and yearns for a real challenge, which he may find at the Megalonia boxing tournament. This is a futuristic boxing anime in which the boxers fight with the aid of exoskeletons. The animation and style of the series imitates that of a VHS-era classic series like Cowboy Bebop; in other words, it invokes the gritty feel of those series. With great story and execution, this is the one I've seen so far that I cannot recommend enough; don't miss it!

Oh, and Kokkoku from last season has a solid first two episodes as well. It's available on Amazon. Definitely watch it if you like the movie Inception!

• Like 1

Holy shit. Just watched all of My Hero Academia in the last two days. Placing it for now 2nd on my all-time favourite anime liste, dethroning FMA: Brotherhood. This shit is just amazing.

So happy that Season 3 started airing just 1 week ago :excited:

On 15/04/2018 at 10:53 AM, Brainbug said:

Holy shit. Just watched all of My Hero Academia in the last two days. Placing it for now 2nd on my all-time favourite anime liste, dethroning FMA: Brotherhood. This shit is just amazing.

So happy that Season 3 started airing just 1 week ago :excited:

That most be a killer adaption because the manga is good but not special. No where near as good as fma.

Hunterxhunter is the best shounen by far.

I've tried a few more anime shows as of late.

Golden Kamuy is a very gritty show about Saichi Sugimoto, a former soldier in the Japanese-Russo war, who finds a clue to hidden treasure and decides to trek after it despite how the perilous nature of the search. There's some questionable animation choices in this first episode, but it'll really only be an issue for this one episode, as the show will begin to use a little less CGI going forward. Of course, the story and writing are both very strong. As someone who has read the first volume of manga, I advise you not to let some poor-quality CGI deter you from keeping your eye on it -- there's a reason why NBC Universal is involved in the project.

The other one that I tried was Libra of Nil Admirari. Based on a video game that was acclaimed for its story but criticized for its gameplay, this series is about a young mistress in a late-1800's-esque setting who, after certain occurrences, learns that she can see the dark auras of cursed tomes, handwritten books that inflict their emotions onto the reader. The art style is different from other animes, as it attempts to evoke a period-piece type of feeling, and the story seems like it could be interesting when it kicks into high gear. Unfortunately, the show seems more interested in being a soap opera and a proponent of male fan-service. I will not be progressing through this one.

I think those two, along with Himamatsuri and Megalo Box, are all of the shows that had me interested enough to try their pilot episodes during finals season.

Oh, and I find it interesting that Darling in the Franxx caused a very big controversy regarding a certain character's choices. That show didn't strike me as one that was capable of causing an uproar. That's what good writing does. Even if I'm not going to be watching it, I still give kudos to the writers.

1 hour ago, Boxx93 said:

Hating a character is one thing. But making death threats to the creators and Voice Actors of the show is way out of line. That's fucked up.

That kind of behavior keeps people away from anime as a whole... it sours their view of the entire industry. People need to learn respect if they want to be taken seriously.

I'll take quality artwork over my own expectations of a fictional show any day of the week.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, slambros said:

That kind of behavior keeps people away from anime as a whole... it sours their view of the entire industry. People need to learn respect if they want to be taken seriously.

I'll take quality artwork over my own expectations of a fictional show any day of the week.

This is much less common in anime than other media entertainment to be honest. 

On 19/04/2018 at 9:28 PM, SchumacherFTW said:

Darling in the Franxx has always been an intriguing show, but the last two episodes have really amped it up. It's seriously good, the characters are great, the story is interesting, and the world building is a tantalising drip feed..... Ichigo can go die in a hole though. 

Thats not cool man shes just trying to save her love interest