rukaio101

The Anime Thread- Summer 2015

40 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

NGE is the best.

NGNL was fun and good

Didn't like Seraph

Evangelion growes on me with every passing day. Dunno, i seem to like it the best just thinking about its themes rather than...watching it :lol:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Brainbug said:

The Attack on Titan Season 3 Opening theme is easily the worst so far - with that beeing said, on its own, its still very good. Just cant compare to JÄGER or SASAGEYO

The episode though was amazing. Loved every second of it. Season 3 is gonna be a blast.

I think they are saving better op for next arc. This season will be great, both arcs are good with later arc being on of the best I have ever read in manga.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

Just completed Sword Art Online Alternative GGO and wow it was really enjoyable, SAO was pretty mixed to me but this one was definitely excellent!

Lolis with guns does it get any more perfect :ph34r:

• Like 1

On 7/22/2018 at 3:43 PM, Brainbug said:

The Attack on Titan Season 3 Opening theme is easily the worst so far - with that beeing said, on its own, its still very good. Just cant compare to JÄGER or SASAGEYO

The episode though was amazing. Loved every second of it. Season 3 is gonna be a blast.

In a way, it's kinda unfair to compare it to the other themes just because its just so radically different in tone. Yes, compared to the first three OPs, it really isn't that good. However, this new one starting to grow on me a little. I do miss Linked Horizon though, I'll say that.

I was a bit surprised at how fast the pacing in this episode was as it seems they've flown through so many chapters in the manga in just one episode but I'm not complaining though. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

In a way, it's kinda unfair to compare it to the other themes just because its just so radically different in tone. Yes, compared to the first three OPs, it really isn't that good. However, this new one starting to grow on me a little. I do miss Linked Horizon though, I'll say that.

I was a bit surprised at how fast the pacing in this episode was as it seems they've flown through so many chapters in the manga in just one episode but I'm not complaining though. 

It growes on me as well. Wont touch the other ones but i dont understand why it gets a lot of hate from some people. Its a very good song and the animation is fantastic.

The second episode was even better than the first, im beyond excited for this arc. Im an Anime-only watcher so i cant compare it to the Manga obviously.

19 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

My Hero Academia, it's apparently very popular but never watched so I guess I could start!

I can only recommend it. Season 1 is good, Season 2 is nothing short of amazing and Season 3 is great so far.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

10 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I can only recommend it. Season 1 is good, Season 2 is nothing short of amazing and Season 3 is great so far.

I had a huge backlog in terms of anime but now I decrease it pretty fast so I finally can start it, I love shonen so I'm ready to love that one I guess.

I'm also 90 episodes behind for One Piece, which is great because this anime is so slow, and 20 episodes behind for Black Clover (yes, some people don't like it but I love it personally) :)

AoT season 3 ED is neat. Even tho they are cutting some important manga scenes, I am loving it.

2 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

I had a huge backlog in terms of anime but now I decrease it pretty fast so I finally can start it, I love shonen so I'm ready to love that one I guess.

I'm also 90 episodes behind for One Piece, which is great because this anime is so slow, and 20 episodes behind for Black Clover (yes, some people don't like it but I love it personally) :)

Wow, hats off. Most of the OP western  fandom has stopped watching anime as it is very bad. Get into manga, it's awesome and recent chapters are the best in op. Also it takes way less time. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

My Hero Academia, it's apparently very popular but never watched so I guess I could start!

Watch it! You won't regret it! Season 1 is a lot of setup but its very well-done. Season 2 onward is just incredible. 

3 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Yeah basically this. ^^^

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Premium George said:

AoT season 3 ED is neat. Even tho they are cutting some important manga scenes, I am loving it.

Wow, hats off. Most of the OP western  fandom has stopped watching anime as it is very bad. Get into manga, it's awesome and recent chapters are the best in op. Also it takes way less time. 

I originally started One Piece with the manga but then I stopped, same thing for other manga...The fact that it's mostly black&white bothers me somehow...I've been raised with Uncle Scrooge & Mickey Mouse comics, all with colors. Plus, manga are quite confusing sometimes: you just don't know what's going on in battle scenes.

So I pretty much stick to the anime for everything, the fact they have colors, nice openings, intense fights..pleases me. Personal tastes.

Sure, OP's is ruined because they try to extend its lifespan by making it very slow and it's unfortunate but I still prefer that...but it's also why I waited such a longtime to watch it again: because it's way too slow..Having some episodes only adapting one chapter is a shame...

PS: I'm still saddened by the cancellation of the Bleach anime, it was way better than the manga :(

• Like 1

I'm kind of bored right now, so I want to take the opportunity to talk about two recent Shonen Jump titles that I think will become fairly big when their animes air in 2019, those two titles being Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba and The Promised Neverland. I've begun reading their manga volumes recently and I'm extremely impressed by the quality and the compelling nature of both series.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba takes place in 17th or 18th century Japan; the story begins when a young man's sister is turned into a demon, and the protagonist's quest to cure her sets him on a path towards becoming a demon-slaying swordsman. This is a traditional story told effectively, which I believe will garner a lot of attention. The anime is being created by the studio Ufotable, who is most famous for Fate/stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works and God Eater.

The Promised Neverland is a mystery/thriller about orphans who must escape their orphanage after finding out about its dark, sadistic purpose. The narrative is extremely compelling, and it cultivates suspense and fear for the characters fairly well. This one in particular has the potential to strike a chord with audiences in America and Europe for sure, as the story feels like a more accessible one. The anime is being made by Cloverworks - a newly established studio whose original mecha show, Darling in the Franxx, which recently burst through the stratosphere in terms of viewership.

A wise industry veteran once said to those wanting to create anime that it is better for them to find their inspiration outside of anime. I feel like these two stories have big potential to break out, because, through my experience as a manga reader, both stories have done just that.

You know, I was really loving Hunter x Hunter (2011) up until this point (Episodes 112-113 to be exact), but OH MY F---- GEES, ENOUGH WITH THE NARRATOR.

I don't need every single thing to be narrated to me. Anime is a visual media, If I wanted narration or inner monologues I'd just go read a fricking book.

I don't exactly oppose to the use of narration every now and then but this is way too excessive, sometime even stating obvious things. If this is how Togashi wrote the narration in the manga too then goddamn he got really lazy in the writing department. Might aswell just turn HxH into a fricking Light Novel.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Boxx93 said:

You know, I was really loving Hunter x Hunter (2011) up until this point (Episodes 112-113 to be exact), but OH MY F---- GEES, ENOUGH WITH THE NARRATOR.

I don't need every single thing to be narrated to me. Anime is a visual media, If I wanted narration or inner monologues I'd just go read a fricking book.

I don't exactly oppose to the use of narration every now and then but this is way too excessive, sometime even stating obvious things. If this is how Togashi wrote the narration in the manga too then goddamn he got really lazy in the writing department. Might aswell just turn HxH into a fricking Light Novel.

It's really weird to me that the anime does that. I'm a manga reader, I've read the first eleven or twelve volumes, and I can say with certainty that the same type of narration isn't as much of an overbearing presence there. Weird choice...

Edited by Slambros