rukaio101

The Anime Thread- Summer 2015

So with the Summer season behind us, what shows do you think stood out during the season? Was anything able to grab your attention?

For me, I ended up watching the entire twelve-episode summer cour for Banana Fish (available on Amazon Prime), and I think it's good enough as to where I'll be wanting to watch the show's second half.

And are there any Fall shows you're interested in? I'll be wanting to check out Karakuri Circus, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, So Many Colors in the Future What a Wonderful World, Zombieland Saga, and two sports titles, Tsurune and Run with the Wind.

So far, there are two premieres that I've watched and want to talk about.

There's That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime; it's the first isekai-genre anime I've ever watched, and I can tell it has very high production values. The first episode is a little too slow and video-game-ish to me; I want the show to focus on the story more than it focuses on the novelty of the premise, so hopefully the rest of the show is as good as people say the manga is.

A very good one was Run with the Wind; it's all about a group of college-aged men who become a track-field team. It's got a heck of a lot of potential. I can tell that it's trying to be subversive in terms of properties that are a part of the sports genre. Give this a shot if you like Haikyuu, Slam Dunk, Yowamushi Pedal, etc.

Edited by Slambros

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

Wait, will the season not continue?

I think there's two episodes of season three's first half that still need to air but ended up delayed by monsoon coverage in Japan. But after that, the second half of the season really will be gone until April.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Slambros said:

I think there's two episodes of season three's first half that still need to air but ended up delayed by monsoon coverage in Japan. But after that, the second half of the season really will be gone until April.

I will happily wait for April if they need the time to make it as perfect as possible. Still, waiting sucks :D

• Like 1

I binged Zombieland Saga this week, and it definitely lives up to the hype in terms of being funny and endearing. However, it kind of pulled a 180 in tone this week, and there seems to be a lot to wrap up in just one episode. It definitely wouldn't be the first anime to have pacing problems in the last few episodes. Fingers crossed that Mappa can stick the landing.

• Like 1