rukaio101

The Anime Thread- Summer 2015

I've just found 1 season for it. It another season coming or?

Yeah, a second season is coming some time in 2016. I think they're just giving time for the manga to get further ahead.

I've just found 1 season for it. It another season coming or?

Yes as Rukaio said there is almost certainly going to be a new season coming out in 2016. Both the Manga and anime have been extremely popular in Japan and pretty much around the world in general so there's definitely going to be more content coming in the near future.

Edited by Kingslayer

Wait, are you talking about the 'Freezing Alchemist' episode? Because that wasn't part of the original manga and, yeah, it was a bit lackluster. The real story starts from episode 2. And, like eXtacy said, you would be greatly mistaken to skip it. And Edward Elric definitely fits the 'badass protagonist' role (and there are touches of romance here and there).

You should definitely still watch Baccano, though.

Okay so I'm 3 episodes into both now and even though I'm confused as hell trying to follow Baccano's story-line I feel like the series has a lot more potential than FMA.

Okay so I'm 3 episodes into both now and even though I'm confused as hell trying to follow Baccano's story-line I feel like the series has a lot more potential than FMA.

I think Baccano is deliberately convoluted at the start but its gets gradually revealed as it goes on, I remember I was not overly fond pf it at first but it got better.

Edited by eXtacy

Okay now that we are deep in the season my favorite would have to be Arslan Senki. It portrays large scales battles with realistic strategies and approaches, better than any other anime thats tried. Great story and animation, if you can get past some CGI soldiers. With it being confirmed to be 24 episodes be sure to check it out!

f42061b7c4bcb933af893a41609058cd.jpg

Edited by eXtacy

Nothings beating Food Wars for me, I'm in creases every single week. Not just one of my favorite anime on right now, it's flat out one of my favorite shows on right now!

Its definitely up there, also going to be 24 episodes so that's good.

I find the sequels are knocking it out of the park. Fate Stay Night 2nd Season is far superior to the first and is in all fairness its probably anime of the season.

1. Fate Stay Night 2nd Season

2. Arslan Senki

3. Knights of Sidonia 2nd Season

4. Oregairu 2nd Season

5. Food Wars

6. Kekkai Sensen

7. Is It Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon

8. Grisaia 2nd Season

9. Hikibe Euphonium

10. Plastic Memories

11. Owari no Seraph

12. Yamada and the Seven Witches

12. Ore Monogatari

All of these have been enjoyable, even the lowest here Ore Monogatari (and its not a small list). So strong season

Edited by eXtacy

Guys I have to be honest, while I did watch Attack on Titan (all 20 something episodes) in like two days, I was not amused by the complete lack of closure. Last episode of the first season and I knew even less than I did going into the first episode. 

Guys I have to be honest, while I did watch Attack on Titan (all 20 something episodes) in like two days, I was not amused by the complete lack of closure. Last episode of the first season and I knew even less than I did going into the first episode. 

AoT doesn't really have closure because it's just a first season of a at least 3 seasons long show.

You know if you guys have finally got a little tired of all the fantasy-action animes I have a really really good slice-of-life (but not Shoujo) to recommend - Sket Dance. Its a really wonderful anime with an unending array of super-interesting, superb and well-realized characters. The episodes are goddamn-hilarious and can still move you to tears at points. The show shows real feelings and bonds of friendship that don't need the same frienship speech every two episodes like fairy tail to establish them. Each of the lead characters have backstories that make them all them seem all the more real. All in all the anime/manga are both really good and I think everyone should give this a try.

I'm just happy the, "Doraemon" film series is close to becoming the very first anime film series to cross the $1 billion threshold.  Not far behind is, "Pokemon" which might cross that threshold either in the few coming years or with two films that do really well!  

~ Doraemon, $957,000,000+ 

~ Pokemon, $914,000,000+

The newest Pokemon film will be released this coming July and is expected to do $30 million plus in Japan alone and then another film is expected, if the norm continues, to be released next year which might conclude the X/Y chapter and I expect that to increase from the $30 million amount!

The Doraemon film series has been continuously topping the box office so it's no surprise that the upcoming films will do well.  And unlike Pokemon, the ratings on its television show are seeing only moderate increases and decreases as opposed to X/Y dropping from a 7 to a 3 within the frame of 60+ episodes.  (I blame B/W's last season for everything!!  That was truly atrocious and even though X/Y is trying desperately to regain back lost fans from the O/S regurgitation with B/W's last season, it still left a stale taste in the mouth)!