rukaio101

The Anime Thread- Summer 2015

I just started watching Kill la Kill.

so what's your opinion about it?

Anyone here got a myanimelist account?

Also best new anime of the season is Terror in Resonance

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Dionni

Not keeping up with any of this season shows, I'm watching stuff from previous seasons.

Isshuukan Friends is ok, expected much more from it.

Haikyuu! is fucking great, best thing I've seen since Kill la Kill.

so what's your opinion about it?

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Dionni

Not keeping up with any of this season shows, I'm watching stuff from previous seasons.

Isshuukan Friends is ok, expected much more from it.

Haikyuu! is fucking great, best thing I've seen since Kill la Kill.

Cool

http://myanimelist.net/profile/eXtacy67

WHY ON EARTH WOULD SOMEONE GIVE DIGIMON SUCH A LOW RATING

I see that you're watching After Story. Good stuff, you still have some great episodes ahead of you.

I havent watched any more since "that episode" you know which one im talking about  :(

Anyone here got a myanimelist account? Also best new anime of the season is Terror in Resonance

Just watched the first 5 episodes of TiR. It was alright. A bit on the dull side in a lot of places. And I wasn't that interested in the main 2 characters until episode 5. The detective guy was cool though. I'll admit, maybe the surprisingly high MAL score got me slightly over hyped for it since the last time I started watching a show because of a high MAL ranking, I got No Game No Life which I absolutely adored.As it is, I still prefer Aldnoah Zero in pretty much all aspects.

Just watched the first 5 episodes of TiR. It was alright. A bit on the dull side in a lot of places. And I wasn't that interested in the main 2 characters until episode 5. The detective guy was cool though. I'll admit, maybe the surprisingly high MAL score got me slightly over hyped for it since the last time I started watching a show because of a high MAL ranking, I got No Game No Life which I absolutely adored.As it is, I still prefer Aldnoah Zero in pretty much all aspects.

I prefer story first, action second. I loved No Game No Life though. Surprised you would say its dull given you avatar you clearly like Mushishi which is one of the slowest animes out there. Aldnoah is good, in my top 3 for the new season along with Barakamon

Heres this seasons top rated animes

http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?q=__&type=1&score=0&status=0&tag=&p=0&r=0&sm=7&sd=1&sy=2014&em=0&ed=0&ey=0&c[0]=a&c[1]=b&c[2]=c&c[3]=d&c[4]=f&gx=0&o=3&w=1

I prefer story first, action second. I loved No Game No Life though. Surprised you would say its dull given you avatar you clearly like Mushishi which is one of the slowest animes out there. Aldnoah is good, in my top 3 for the new season along with Barakamon Heres this seasons top rated animes =a&c[1]=b&c[2]=c&c[3]=d&c[4]=f&gx=0&o=3&w=1]http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?q=__&type=1&score=0&status=0&tag=&p=0&r=0&sm=7&sd=1&sy=2014&em=0&ed=0&ey=0&c[0]=a&c[1]=b&c[2]=c&c[3]=d&c[4]=f&gx=0&o=3&w=1

I'm more the sort of person who doesn't care whether you put story or action or character or whatever first as long as you know what you're doing and you do it well. For me the story and many of the scenes in TiR did drag a bit and felt kinda stretched out. And we went a very long time with just the basic 'Sphinx gives riddles and police try to solve them' formula with only a few scenes dedicated to furthering the main story arc. It's not until episode 5 (FYI my favourite of the bunch) that things start changing up. While its true Mushishi is also paced pretty slow, that show is mostly just a collection of varied standalones rather than one long story. In addition, it uses its slow pace to build up atmosphere, something I don't think TiR does nearly as well (although I suppose that one's more my opinion.)I'll admit though, I do have a noticeable bias against any film/TV show/anime with copious amounts of grey in it. So that may have affected my judgement.

So over the past week I watched the first 6 episodes of Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun. It was fairly entertaining at first, with some good comedy and surprising characters, but the past few episodes have been fantastic. Really well written, great comedy, great characters.

So fun and so light. Strongly recommended if you can stomach watching something that isn't full of explosions and fights.

That horror looks interesting enough (although I found that hand creature more goofy than terrifying.) Great music though.Also, definitely looking forwards to Fate Stay Night. Here's hoping, quality wise, it's closer to Fate/Zero than the first anime.

That horror looks interesting enough (although I found that hand creature more goofy than terrifying.) Great music though.Also, definitely looking forwards to Fate Stay Night. Here's hoping, quality wise, it's closer to Fate/Zero than the first anime.

Fate Stay Night is being made by same company that did Fate Zero, different company did the original FSN.

That hand creature can turn into more than just that goofy thing, it can morph into about anything. Think prototype

Edited by eXtacy

Gonna repeat what I suggested before. I just watched episode 9 of Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, and it was very well written yet again. This show really has some good characters and smart writing, and it does it while not resorting to risque jokes or fanservice. There's a good reason it's rated so highly in that link above for the top shows of the season.

I don't think I quite picked up on what they were doing in the first episode or two, but I'm so glad I gave it a shot.

Guilty Crown is clearly becoming one of my favorite anime's. Everything is brilliant, especially the score which is amazing. (sounds like something Daft Punk would make)

I loved Guilty Crown, Production I.G. is easily my favorite studio

Psycho Pass (My favorite anime and my avatar)

Ghost in the Shell

Attack on Titan

Guilty Crown

Eden of the East

Anyone can recommend me some fantasy anime films? That Fate/Stay night looks good.

Assuming you're talking films specifically, Ghibli's are the most obvious choice (especially the more underrated fare like Castle in the Sky and Porco Rosso). If you're looking for something a lot darker (and I mean a lot) try the recent Berserk films. I think at least the first two are English dubbed and on youtube. Admittedly, I prefer the manga but the films are very good on their own. Be warned though, Berserk makes the Dark Knight look like Care Bears in terms of darkness. Especially after the Eclipse. *shudder*

For something more between the two extremes though, there's always Sword of the Stranger. Admittedly, that's more a period samurai film than a fantasy but it's very good and has a lot of great swordfights.

There are others I'd recommend but they tend to be ones that you need to be familiar with the series to understand, like One Piece. 

• Like 2

Assuming you're talking films specifically, Ghibli's are the most obvious choice (especially the more underrated fare like Castle in the Sky and Porco Rosso). If you're looking for something a lot darker (and I mean a lot) try the recent Berserk films. I think at least the first two are English dubbed and on youtube. Admittedly, I prefer the manga but the films are very good on their own. Be warned though, Berserk makes the Dark Knight look like Care Bears in terms of darkness. Especially after the Eclipse. *shudder*

For something more between the two extremes though, there's always Sword of the Stranger. Admittedly, that's more a period samurai film than a fantasy but it's very good and has a lot of great swordfights.

There are others I'd recommend but they tend to be ones that you need to be familiar with the series to understand, like One Piece. 

thanks ill check them out. I've seen quite a few Ghibli studio movies. Always fantastic.

thanks ill check them out. I've seen quite a few Ghibli studio movies. Always fantastic.

If your talking movies and not Studio Ghibli then some good fantasy is Garden of Sinners series (Kara no Kyoukai)

http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?q=garden%20of%20sinners

Posted Image

You also have Summer Wars, Paprika and Wolf Children

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

http://myanimelist.net/anime/5681/Summer_Wars

http://myanimelist.net/anime/1943/Paprika

http://myanimelist.net/anime/12355/Ookami_Kodomo_no_Ame_to_Yuki

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 2