Fancyarcher

Goosebumps | October 16, 2015 | Jack Black | First Trailer on Page 11!

Goosebumps will center Stine's quest to return the creatures from his books to their pages after they've been unleashed on his small town, where they run amok. Helping him in his adventure are his daughter Hannah (Odeya Rush) and next door neighbor Zach (Dylan Minnette). Together they must save the day (or night it seems).

Okay this sounds neat to me
  • Like 3

Do kids these days know what Goosebumps is? This movie looks pretty bad if you ask me. As long we get a dvd complete set to promote the movie then I will be happy.

Nope, compared to all the other franchise reboots Goosebumps is probably the most dried up one.
  • Like 1

I still have around forty of those books in my attic. 

I think I have around 100, including Goosebumps 2000 and those Multiple Choice Goosebumps (remember those? Turn to Page 4 to join the Blue Team and get transformed into a bat. Or turn to Page 16 to join the Red Team and enter a house of monsters). I also have the hardcover collection of the first three Goosebumps that screams when you open it. Always found that freakishly cool, like a book out of the Harry Potter universe or something.  

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1

Goosebumps + Jack Black , scares me for the wrong reason, funny enough as a kid reading both Goosebumps andFear Street, (by the same author) Fear Street was always better, Would prefer to see and Animorphs movie anyway

Goosebumps was always kinda campy, like Raimi horror lite, so I'm not too worried about Jack Black. :D In fact, he may be perfect! 

• Like 1

The books are good, but doesn't this premise sounds a bit too much like the one in Scooby-Doo: Monsters Unleashed?

It does but SD: MU was the superior Scooby-Doo film. I'll be okay if the worst case scenario is Goosebumps being on the same level of quality. :)

• Like 1

They're definitely gonna do Slappy again. I hope they keep him ginger like in the show as opposed to the black hair he had in the books, that dummy used to scare the crap out of me.

Night of the Living Dummy III is legendary for having Slappy saying 'Why are you so wooden?' to a young Hayden Christensen.  :wub:

Edited by ddddeeee
  • Like 2

They're definitely gonna do Slappy again. I hope they keep him ginger like in the show as opposed to the black hair he had in the books, that dummy used to scare the crap out of me.Night of the Living Dummy III is legendary for having Slappy saying 'Why are you so wooden?' to a young Hayden Christensen. :wub:

I wonder if they adlibbed that after being frustrated with Young Hayden lol. In the books, Night of the Living Dummy I with the twin girls was easily the spookiest. In fact, the first ten Goosebumps were easily the most scariest and then it started getting campy or more adventure driven.
  • Like 2