Fancyarcher

Goosebumps | October 16, 2015 | Jack Black | First Trailer on Page 11!

The Haunted Mask episodes were kinda creepy too. I remember the man who gave her the mask scaring me as a child.

The scariest one for me was actually the very first Goosebumps, Welcome to Dead House. I wonder if the zombies in the movie stills are from that book?
  • Like 1

I think I have around 100, including Goosebumps 2000 and those Multiple Choice Goosebumps (remember those? Turn to Page 4 to join the Blue Team and get transformed into a bat. Or turn to Page 16 to join the Red Team and enter a house of monsters). I also have the hardcover collection of the first three Goosebumps that screams when you open it. Always found that freakishly cool, like a book out of the Harry Potter universe or something.

I still have a ton of Goosebumps books, and I always liked the Give Yourself Goosebumps ones because I love Choise Your Own Adventure stories.:DOf the main books though, my favorites are Phantom of the Auditorium (HUGE Phantom of the Opera fan so that has a soft spit in my heart), The Ghost Next Door, Ghost Camp, One Day at Horrorland, How I Learned to Fly, Attack of the Mutant, Calling All Creeps, and The Beast From the East.
  • Like 2

Never read any of these books.

You should have.

When I was a child the books were the shit. The covers creeped me out, that sometimes when I was in the dark, I didn't want to look at them.

Edited by Pokearcher
  • Like 4

I still have a ton of Goosebumps books, and I always liked the Give Yourself Goosebumps ones because I love Choise Your Own Adventure stories.:DOf the main books though, my favorites are Phantom of the Auditorium (HUGE Phantom of the Opera fan so that has a soft spit in my heart), The Ghost Next Door, Ghost Camp, One Day at Horrorland, How I Learned to Fly, Attack of the Mutant, Calling All Creeps, and The Beast From the East.

Give Yourself Goosebumps! YES, that's what that series was called! :DHaha, I can easily see why The Ghost Next Door was one of your faves! That was the first book to get me teary-eyed! :( And DAT TWIST! :o Shyamalan is such a rip-off!!!!!
  • Like 2

You should have.

When I was a child the books were the shit. The covers creeped me out, that sometimes when I was in the dark, I didn't want to look at them.

Wasn't much of a reader as a kid. I liked comic books but that's about it.

You should have.When I was a child the books were the shit. The covers creeped me out, that sometimes when I was in the dark, I didn't want to look at them.

Goosebumps was very specifically a late 90's fad. So I can see why Nevada missed it as it was a little before his time. I assume all the fans here are in their early to mid 20's. AKA The Disney Renaissance Toddlers. :D
  • Like 6

Goosebumps was very specifically a late 90's fad. So I can see why Nevada missed it as it was a little before his time. I assume all the fans here are in their early to mid 20's. AKA The Disney Renaissance Toddlers. :D

Yup. When I was growing up, I saw The Goosebumps show premier and end, and I saw Toy Story on the big screen.

• Like 3

You are making me miss my 90's childhood so much, man! :(

I know, I know. But it was a great time for me. I feel sorry for the kids growing up today. They won't get the real chance to experience some of the stuff I saw.

• Like 3

Point well taken. As long as it's not aggressively bad like Smurfs 2 or the Chipmunks sequels or anything like that, I'm fine.I read Goosebumps, enjoyed them as a kid. Though I didn't really watch the TV show, I was more of an Are You Afraid of the Dark kid myself. (Now THAT show was scary. Oh, and Hayden showed up in that too, didn't he?)

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 2

Point well taken. As long as it's not aggressively bad like Smurfs 2 or the Chipmunks sequels or anything like that, I'm fine.I read Goosebumps, enjoyed them as a kid. Though I didn't really watch the TV show, I was more of an Are You Afraid of the Dark kid myself. (Now THAT show was scary. Oh, and Hayden showed up in that too, didn't he?)

I liked Chipmunks 2. 3 was awful.
  • Like 1

Yup!:). I was born at the end of '91, but I never saw the show until probably 2007 (I didn't know there was one). My childhood shows consisted of Pokemon, Digimon, Sailor Moon, Seasame Street, Rugrats, Slime Time Live, etc. I would have likely loved Goosebumps if I had know there was a show.Oh 90's/early '00's, how I miss you.:(
  • Like 4