Fancyarcher

Goosebumps | October 16, 2015 | Jack Black | First Trailer on Page 11!

Don't know why Sony wouldn't move this to October now that Pixels is in July 24th. Two family-orientated comedies within a two week period... that's smart  ;)

Pixels has the better chance of being a breakout considering the premise and better cast/director. Goosebumps would do good in September or October - especially since none of the horror films are comedic in nature. 

• Like 2

Will the nostalgia crowd come out for this movie?

I know I'll be there...

Don't know why Sony wouldn't move this to October now that Pixels is in July 24th. Two family-orientated comedies within a two week period... that's smart  ;)

Pixels has the better chance of being a breakout considering the premise and better cast/director. Goosebumps would do good in September or October - especially since none of the horror films are comedic in nature. 

I don't think a mid-October release would be bad for this film at all. However, I don't think Pixels will hurt it too much. Goosebumps is the established brand, and while we in the movie community know who the director is, most of the general audience will see this as an Adam Sandler film. I think they'll both end up in the 110-130M range, and I don't think they'll hurt each other badly at all. But an October release for Goosebumps... it seems as though it was meant to happen...

• Like 2

An opening approaching 50M is definitely possible. Goosebumps (while not as popular as they used to be) are still very well known by kids. Not to mention, a lot of fans of the books when they originally came out will be grown up by now, with some of them maybe having their own kids by now. The movie will attract both adults and kids, much like TMNT was able to do this past August.

• Like 1