Fancyarcher

Goosebumps | October 16, 2015 | Jack Black | First Trailer on Page 11!

I still find the decision of moving Jungle Book into a Easterless April absolutely mind blowing. 

If Disney didn't that Zootopia in March, that would have been the ideal slot for it but March 2016 is pretty packed with Batman v Superman, Allegiance, KFP3, Warcraft. 

• Like 1

If Disney didn't that Zootopia in March, that would have been the ideal slot for it but March 2016 is pretty packed with Batman v Superman, Allegiance, KFP3, Warcraft. 

Allegiance is gonna move. It is only a matter of time. But I don't think Jungle Book will move there either. 

• Like 1

Allegiance is gonna move. It is only a matter of time. But I don't think Jungle Book will move there either. 

Either Allegiance or San Andreas should take MLK 2016. Follow after American Sniper's MLK release date  :lol: seriously though, either of those would benefit greatly from a January date. 

Actually

San Andreas - Jan 15 

Allegiance - Feb 19

Edited by mahnamahna

Either Allegiance or San Andreas should take MLK 2016. Follow after American Sniper's MLK release date :lol: seriously though, either of those would benefit greatly from a January date.

Actually

San Andreas - Jan 15

Allegiance - Feb 19

Isn't San Andreas coming out in May with pretty much no new competition for its OW?

Also, it's Allegiant everyone haha.

Isn't San Andreas coming out in May with pretty much no new competition for its OW?

Also, it's Allegiant everyone haha.

Tomorrowland and Mad Max 4 two weeks before, Jurassic World two weeks later. And it's the weekend after Memorial Day. 

In its current date, it really has no chance to shine. By June 19, it will be almost dead at the BO. 

$26 million

$68 million DOM 

Not a great result - especially since they could potentially double that with a MLK release date. 

Tomorrowland and Mad Max 4 two weeks before, Jurassic World two weeks later. And it's the weekend after Memorial Day. 

In its current date, it really has no chance to shine. By June 19, it will be almost dead at the BO. 

$26 million

$68 million DOM 

Not a great result - especially since they could potentially double that with a MLK release date. 

You're really underestimating San Andreas. The concept is appealing, the trailer was good, the cast is strong, and neither Tomorrowland and Mad Max are going to be that big

You're really underestimating San Andreas. The concept is appealing, the trailer was good, the cast is strong, and neither Tomorrowland and Mad Max are going to be that big

Mad Max and Tomorrowland should get $250-300 million DOM between the two of them. Plus, Avengers 2 should get $500-700 million. That's large enough to where something like this would be better off on MLK 2016. Other than SW7, it has the tentpole demo all to itself until Feb 12. It has a better shot at $130-160 million DOM in January than it does in the heart of summer. 

The Rock and Paul Giamatti are the only standout names from the cast. Everyone else seems ok and mediocre tbh. 

Edge of Tomorrow had Tom Cruise/Emily Blunt and stellar reviews... barely got $100 million DOM. Somehow, I doubt San Andreas will be critically acclaimed  :lol:

I could maybe see:

$34.5 million

$21 million ($71 million) 

$9 million ($86 million)

$5 million ($94 million)

$3.5 million ($100 million)

$2 million ($104 million)

$1 million ($106 million)

$110 million DOM 

Consider that Pacific Rim, Edge of Tomorrow and plenty of other original/semi-original WB tentpoles didn't do so well and actually did less than my prediction, I don't think I'm severely underestimating. Plus The Rock's Hercules film only did $75 million - so his name alone doesn't mean a huge hit. $65-115 million is the range for how well San Andreas could do. ... the odds of San Andreas becoming a huge hit isn't likely. 

January 2016 would give it SW7 and to a very small extent Ride Along 2. Everything else is outside its demo. On MLK weekend, I could see $140-170 million DOM. 

• Like 1

I will watch anything with Jack Black so I'll be there opening weekend for this. And Goosebumps was my childhood so this is one of the few autumn films I'm really looking forward to.

Black looks great:

goosebumps-jack-black1-600x400.jpg