ExcelFTW

Any REAL doubts that SUPERMAN vs. BATMAN will crush every record in existence?

Ed remember IM3 was a sequel..

Im3 had a 62 million Saturday from a 174 million opening.

You have to remember May is the time of the year where you see the biggest Saturday grosses.

We have for 2 years vastly underestimated how big these films are on their opening Saturday and we will again. I remember seeing TA release date and saying it was locked to break the Saturday record well over a year out.

I think you will see with ASM2 as this year, it will get a pretty large opening weekend due to a healthy Satruday gross. 

TASM should get 130M+. 

My take.

-- This is not the Nolan/Bale Batman that made 533m. Back to square one: Batman Begins, The Amazing Spider-Man. No guarantee that Ben Batman will be as loved as Bale Batman.

-- Man of Steel sucked, or was at the least very divisive amongst fans and the general public. Man of Steel does not come off a well-received predecessor like BB --> TDK. It had a 114m OW, and didn't manage to break 300m!

-- WB didn't learn from their mistakes, and rehired the two bozos.

-- The movie feels rushed, or at least the shoehorning of Batman does. In fact, does WB look like a studio with a plan? Did they have sufficient time to produce a good script?

-- A lot of competition in 2015.

-- Nolan's name wont be all over the marketing.

-- Iron Man 3 made +400m. That's more than the first and the second. I don't know how many 3rd films that can pride themselves with that feat. Ergo, Avengers effect very real.

PS (1): Talking about why it will/wont break Avatar records is not a serious discussion.

PS (2): No Star Wars attention, because no Star Wars news.

-- Man of Steel sucked, or was at the least very divisive amongst fans and the general public. Man of Steel does not come off a well-received predecessor like BB --> TDK. It had a 114m OW, and didn't manage to break 300m!

To be fair, MoS has been pretty well received by audiences (to my utter bewilderment since it was god awful), although thankfully not critics.. However, how much of that goodwill will remain once the hype/novelty has worn off and the hatedom grows, is up in the air.

To be fair, MoS has been pretty well received by audiences (to my utter bewilderment since it was god awful), although thankfully not critics.. However, how much of that goodwill will remain once the hype/novelty has worn off and the hatedom grows, is up in the air.

Oh, don't worry audience will say MoS is massively "overrated" by the time 2015 comes. That's just the way it goes...

(Even if I think MoS is already overrated compared to its inflated hype. What a massive mess of a letdown)

• Like 1

Just about the same than MoS? I do not think it can challenge TA record, but IMHO, 140-150 is the floor.

Batman addition will neutralize MOS meh reception, plus I don't think it will have a stellar marketing like the first one, 120-135m sounds about right to me

Batman addition will neutralize MOS meh reception, plus I don't think it will have a stellar marketing like the first one, 120-135m sounds about right to me

I think you're being too pessimistic. It's Batman/Superman first team up movie we're talking about here. It'll open bigger than that.