CJohn

F9: The Fast Saga | June 25, 2021 | Pray to your Dom Shrine! | Coming to Cannes!

33 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

@Jedi Jat is the only Indian who doesn't like the Fast franchise. Surprised as Indians love their cars and bikes. 

This will absolutely annihilate Radhe and Laxmi Bomb in India if universal manages to secure good number of screens and shows.

Those two bufoon actors will try their best to sabotage this movie's chances.

He's more into laser toys and white coloured, bald looking people without a nose.

• Like 1

I think we need to keep in mind that...regardless of what receptions these types of blockbusters get, if that film has enough appeal for $1B+ WW, the moviegoers will see them on mass.

Even blockbusters lately with mixed critical reception like JW:FK, Aquaman, Aladdin (2019), TLK (2019) & most recently SW: TROS...have all made over $1B+.

So we need to learn something: Just because one individual doesn’t like a certain film or a film-franchise...doesn’t mean that

A. Everyone agrees.

B. you’ll foolishly wish for a certain blockbuster to underperform box office-wise. It’s only self-bias that leads to wishful thinking.

Regardless, F9 will do good either way.

5 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

Nope. I am openly hoping for this to tank. What's there to lose/gain hiding my dislike?

I’m sorry...but hoping for a blockbuster to tank doesn’t mean it WILL tank. That’s just a classical example of foolish wishful thinking.

Have anyone not learned anything from the big movies last year? I’m saying it again: Hating on an individual movie or a movie-franchise won’t guarantee that the film will underperform. Even critically divisive movies last year like SW: TROS & TLK (2019) did $1B+ WW, taught that no matter the reception...if they get good legs enough, they’ll get legs.

1 hour ago, marveldcfox said:

@Jedi Jat is the only Indian who doesn't like the Fast franchise. Surprised as Indians love their cars and bikes. 

This will absolutely annihilate Radhe and Laxmi Bomb in India if universal manages to secure good number of screens and shows.

Those two bufoon actors will try their best to sabotage this movie's chances.

I dislike FF too and know others who dislike it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

Nope. I am openly hoping for this to tank. What's there to lose/gain hiding my dislike?

I mean I hope live action remakes to tank badly but I’m at least going to be fair predicting them.

I think $800M WW is the minimum for F9.

22 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I’m sorry...but hoping for a blockbuster to tank doesn’t mean it WILL tank. That’s just a classical example of foolish wishful thinking.

It's not really a big ask. The Fate of the Furious had $700mn Approx costs, (F7 had $655mn cost) theatrical revenue was $440mn globally, roughly $190mn from TV worldwide and $150mn from Home Entertainment. It barely bring $80mn to studio. That's without backend deals if there were any.

F9 won't be cutting cost or anything, if it drop $200mn worldwide, which it most certainly will, it will barely break even.

Hobbs and Shaw had just $290mn from Theatrical rentals worldwide. Assuming TV was say around 80% of FF8, Home Entertainment was barely 60%. Entire revenue was $550mn Approx. 

It had reported budget of $200mn while release cost would be $175mn plus and $150mn plus other costs easily. So I won't be surprised to know that Hobbs and Shaw was a FLOP.

Edited by Jedi Jat

8 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I mean I hope live action remakes to tank badly but I’m at least going to be fair predicting them

So will be I.

8 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I think $800M WW is the minimum for F9.

Considering 30% of that come from China, that's FLOP. In fact Disaster.

Man This Looks a really great setup for the finale F10 next year! Really Loved and dig this new trailer! Surprises I didn't see coming and amazing fight and stunt action sequences! Sold! Here's my reaction and Review to this new ofifical trailer! Hope ya guys Like it! :)