CJohn

F9: The Fast Saga | June 25, 2021 | Pray to your Dom Shrine! | Coming to Cannes!

Looks so much more cinematic than the last two. The fight scenes seem like they're gonna be really well done. 

Glad to have Justin Lin back. It feels like Fast and Furious. 

My only peeve is how much CG there is. I remember him talking about how with Fast Five he made a real effort to use practical effects after the criticisms of the 4th one. Between 5 and 6 the only egregious CG is that mid air jump with Dom/Letty. Whereas the next two had a lot of CG heavy sequences that I didn't care for. So I'm a little bit disappointed he's stuck with that. I think 6 was the last to shoot on film as well which is a shame. 

That being said it looks like so much fun and I'll be there opening weekend. 

Edited by FilmFincher
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, FilmFincher said:

Looks so much more cinematic than the last two. The fight scenes seem like they're gonna be really well done. 

Glad to have Justin Lin back. It feels like Fast and Furious. 

My only peeve is how much CG there is. I remember him talking about how with Fast Five he made a real effort to use practical effects after the criticisms of the 4th one. Between 5 and 6 the only egregious CG is that mid air jump with Dom/Letty. Whereas the next two had a lot of CG heavy sequences that I didn't care for. So I'm a little bit disappointed he's stuck with that. I think 6 was the last to shoot on film as well which is a shame. 

That being said it looks like so much fun and I'll be there opening weekend. 

Even some of the practical stuff is filled with so much CGI that it looks completely CGI, like the shot of the car getting flying through the window. At least this doesn't look like a straight to streaming movie like Hobbs and Shaw tho.

• Like 1