CJohn

F9: The Fast Saga | June 25, 2021 | Pray to your Dom Shrine! | Coming to Cannes!

2 minutes ago, movies!movies! said:

Well that's not a surprise, given the drama going on behind the scenes. With any luck it's not because of that and maybe there's a story reason why he's not around for 9. Either way, I hope he's back for the grand finale in 10.

Is it me or is every movie that The Rock has done / doing he has always found a way to be the lead through doing a spinoff or otherwise. Look at Hobbs and Shaw and Black Adam got his own solo as well too when that wasn't the case as he would've been a supporting character in a Shazam movie as the villain. Also we can even look at GI Joe 2 where they killed off Tatum's character who was the lead in the last one and put The Rock as the new lead. Does this guy have an ego or something or are all these things just mere coincidences? 

6 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

This should move to August. Hobbs & Shaw is likely gonna make a killing there and everything would likely gtfo the way. Going against Godzilla Vs. Kong...... kind of a mistake.

I’d say they should move Godzilla vs King Kong 

The previous 2 FF movies made billions each, much more than Godzilla 2014 and Kong: Skull Island 

Edited by JGAR4LIFE

9 hours ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

I’d say they should move Godzilla vs King Kong 

The previous 2 FF movies made billions each, much more than Godzilla 2014 and Kong: Skull Island 

But both of them are gonna cannibalize each other anyway. And GVK has billion potential on its own right, while the F&F movies are only gonna keep decreasing from this point onwards (especially since 9 won't even have The Rock and possibly Statham in it).

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cookie said:

They think they can play a game of chicken with WB and get them to move GvK.

It's really only a matter of who blinks first.

'member when Disney moved Civil War to Batman V Superman's release day?