CJohn

F9: The Fast Saga | June 25, 2021 | Pray to your Dom Shrine! | Coming to Cannes!

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

They need Liam Neeson for the villain for 9 and while it's unlikely, they should get Michael Caine for Shaw senior given he's worked with Vin Diesel on The Last Witchhunter

I thought Charlize was a great villain and she'll obviously be back for 9. 

12 hours ago, Jonwo said:

They need Liam Neeson for the villain for 9 and while it's unlikely, they should get Michael Caine for Shaw senior given he's worked with Vin Diesel on The Last Witchhunter

I always envisioned Liam Neeson as the final Thanos level big bad for the Fast franchise, i.e. Cipher's shadow government sponsor.

I didn't even think of Michael Caine for Papa Shaw, but that would be spot on casting. Then again, even though Statham did mention the possibility of a Papa Shaw making an entrance, I think it would be fine if it's just Mama Shaw.

Edited by Jay Beezy

2 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

RIP this movie if that late March Disney release is The Lion King (which it may be).

(Well, maybe not flat out RIP, but surely the worst performer since the 5th or maybe even 4th movie).

That wouldn't be as much of a problem as Avengers: Infinity War Part 2 or whatever it'll be called opening two weeks after this.

I wouldn't mind them pushing these last two installments each back a year. Maybe that would give Vin and Rock time to cool their heads. Or just this one back a year since Vin wants the 10th one to open 20 years after the first one.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

I wouldn't mind them pushing these last two installments each back a year. Maybe that would give Vin and Rock time to cool their heads. Or just this one back a year since Vin wants the 10th one to open 20 years after the first one.

I doubt Vin and Dwayne will get over their feud, especially if the former forced a scene between the latter and Statham to be cut because he's that much of a diva and hates other people getting the spotlight (understandably, I guess, since Dom is arguably the least interesting character in these movies at this point).

10 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Neeson as Shaw Sr. would be funnier considering he and Mirren lived together for years. Sure he's only 15 years older than Statham but when did real-life age difference ever bother anyone in Hollywood

2 hours ago, Jay Beezy said:

I always envisioned Liam Neeson as the final Thanos level big bad for the Fast franchise, i.e. Cipher's shadow government sponsor.

I didn't even think of Michael Caine for Papa Shaw, but that would be spot on casting. Then again, even though Statham did mention the possibility of a Papa Shaw making an entrance, I think it would be fine if it's just Mama Shaw

49 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Neeson as Shaw Sr. would be funnier considering he and Mirren lived together for years. Sure he's only 15 years older than Statham but when did real-life age difference ever bother anyone in Hollywood

I'd prefer Neeson as a villain but I think he'd be good as Shaw Sr, Michael Caine would be better just as a homage to The Italian Job.

2 hours ago, Jay Beezy said:

That wouldn't be as much of a problem as Avengers: Infinity War Part 2 or whatever it'll be called opening two weeks after this.

I imagine 9 will be released a week earlier in OS markets as they won't want to deal with Avengers a week later. Fast and Furious 5 and 6 were released earlier in many markets so it wouldn't be too surprising.