CJohn

F9: The Fast Saga | June 25, 2021 | Pray to your Dom Shrine! | Coming to Cannes!

I'm conflicted. This looks terrible, like...god-awful, and not in a proper self-aware manner like Hobbs & Shaw and Fast 8, but on the other hand, I expect a lot of that is down to the way the trailer is cut. The action seems to be just as OTT as the last 5 movies, so I expect it will still be dumb fun, with Cena eventually joining the family or some such nonsense, but the trailer's going for a serious tone that doesn't match the visuals and I think a lot of it is down to Vin Diesel being a charisma vacuum. Essentially... Needed The Rock. 

28 minutes ago, junkshop36 said:

Trailer was ok. Doesn’t look any better or worse than the last couple movies.   

Now that Han is back, can Giselle be far behind? Fast 10? 

I mean the trailer finished by saying “Justice is coming” so Gal confirmed lol

Anyway, the trailer alone gave me a headache.I don’t think I will be able to go through the entire movie.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

I'm conflicted. This looks terrible, like...god-awful, and not in a proper self-aware manner like Hobbs & Shaw and Fast 8, but on the other hand, I expect a lot of that is down to the way the trailer is cut. The action seems to be just as OTT as the last 5 movies, so I expect it will still be dumb fun, with Cena eventually joining the family or some such nonsense, but the trailer's going for a serious tone that doesn't match the visuals and I think a lot of it is down to Vin Diesel being a charisma vacuum. Essentially... Needed The Rock. 

Proper self-aware is 21 Jump Street or Deadpool. Hobbs & Shaw and Fast 8 were neither of those movies. I mean if they were self-aware, where were the jokes about them defying the laws of physics?

Edited by Jay Beezy

3 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

It's been a long time since I have laughed so much seeing a trailer.

Laugh? I beyond that stage. Now its just cringe.

3 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

I was gonna skip this as the mind numbing repetitive action is boring to me but I might just see it for the comedy. 

I watched H&S for that and god that was awful.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

When Hobbs and Shaw are on the plane and Hobbs talks about how he’s going to have sex with Shaw’s sister, could Hobbs sound any more like a virgin?

Edited by Jay Beezy

4 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

When Hobbs and Shaw are on the plane and Hobbs talks about how he’s going to have sex with Shaw’s sister, could Hobbs sound any more like a virgin?

Could a film be forgettable and awful at same time. I honestly didn't remember that scene before reading your comment.

The evil of Car Wars need to die.

1 hour ago, Jedi Jat said:

Laugh? I beyond that stage. Now its just cringe.

I wanna skip this but my friends are gonna drag me to watch this like with F8 and I'm gonna sleep through half the movie, also like what I did with F8 (I practically missed the whole snow/submarine thing). You know how crazy guys are here about FF movies because of the cars. 

1 hour ago, Jedi Jat said:

Could a film be forgettable and awful at same time. I honestly didn't remember that scene before reading your comment.

The evil of Car Wars need to die.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's evil. 

Otherwise if i started to wish for movie franchises to end and some others to flourish then you wouldn't have anything to watch 😁😁

If only Toretto could dance in insalubrious toilets under a dissonant violin music cue after killing two Wall Street guys in cold blood.

Nobody would claim the Fast franchise is st00pid then.

They would claim it is

Art.

&

Bold.

Edited by The Futurist