CJohn

F9: The Fast Saga | June 25, 2021 | Pray to your Dom Shrine! | Coming to Cannes!

1 hour ago, RichWS said:

Long-time fan of the franchise but even I feel like it's all played out. I'd really be okay if they just wrapped it up with one more. 

Unfortunately, Vin Diesel apparently insisted that they split the finale’s story into two movies, so I guess there’s supposed to be an 11th film. 

6 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Unfortunately, Vin Diesel apparently insisted that they split the finale’s story into two movies, so I guess there’s supposed to be an 11th film. 

But smartly, unlike Warners, Universal have opted not to begin filming on any subsequent movies right away until they see how this one does.  And I'm sure like every other F&F, it has a kind of ending that could, if need be, serve as a nice ending, should the movie not perform to expectations.  

10 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

Are the critics finally admitting that the franchise has sucked since Fast 6? There are only three good movies in this franchise: the original, Tokyo Drift, and Fast Five. 

Nah, 6 and 7 are great. 6 is easily the peak of the franchise.

• Like 1

Lol, what kinda of stupid embargo is this? I believe this movie is critic proof but really dumb that they decide to lift the embargo for only a couple critics, most of whom gave it negative reviews. What was Universal even trying to achieve here? I'm pretty sure the movie would be sitting at a higher score if more critics reviewed the film.

Edited by lorddemaxus

it's a fast and furious movie that's 140 minutes long in 2021 so as you might imagine it pretty much plays like big-screen season 9 of a network tv show, with ever more absurd narrative contortions, arbitrary mcguffins (it took me less time than ever before to completely check out of why anything was happening) and disbelieving reflections on its own existence. definitely better than 4 and 8 but lacks the inspiration of any of the others, although the magnet shit is cool. Cena is serviceable; Charlize continues to be criminally wasted, with a couple of dialogue scenes here so embarrassing I actually watched through half-closed eyes; Han looks unsettlingly old. the reunions and hugs are affecting but the sense of going through the motions is still inescapable. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

it's a fast and furious movie that's 140 minutes long in 2021 so as you might imagine it pretty much plays like big-screen season 9 of a network tv show, with ever more absurd narrative contortions, arbitrary mcguffins (it took me less time than ever before to completely check out of why anything was happening) and disbelieving reflections on its own existence. definitely better than 4 and 8 but lacks the inspiration of any of the others, although the magnet shit is cool. Cena is serviceable; Charlize continues to be criminally wasted, with a couple of dialogue scenes here so embarrassing I actually watched through half-closed eyes; Han looks unsettlingly old. the reunions and hugs are affecting but the sense of going through the motions is still inescapable. 

Any fun spoilers? This doesnt come out in the UK until July

20 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Nah, 6 and 7 are great. 6 is easily the peak of the franchise.

6 bored me and 7 was too cornball for my taste, and I don't even remember 8. This franchise just isn't my flavor of dumb. I prefer the Bay/Snyder style of dumb.