CJohn

F9: The Fast Saga | June 25, 2021 | Pray to your Dom Shrine! | Coming to Cannes!

4 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Yeah, the opening are quite good, but legs will be awful, especially in China.

no, he is saying that fast 9 will not be the biggest movie of the year, he isnt talking about the ow , which is great

2 minutes ago, john2000 said:

no, he is saying that fast 9 will not be the biggest movie of the year, he isnt talking about the ow , which is great

Yes, i know. I'm saying it had a chance if legs matched the good opening weekend.

Anyway, Spidey will probably win the year without problems. Curious what will be #2, 3

Edited by Maggie
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Yes, i know. I'm saying it had a chance if legs matched the good opening weekend.

Anyway, Spidey will probably win the year without problems. Curious what will be #2, 3

first   lest see its legs before we a make final judgement , sec 2 and 3 will probably be mcu movies black widow and eternals i would say , or it could very well be no time to die

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, john2000 said:

first   lest see its legs before we a make final judgement , sec 2 and 3 will probably be mcu movies black widow and eternals i would say , or it could very well be no time to die

True. Eternals, i could see being #2. Black Widow is a hybrid release and i feel buzz has kinda died down. We shall see.

https://deadline.com/2021/05/f9-opening-weekend-china-international-box-office-universal-fast-and-furious-1234760092/

SATURDAY UPDATE, Refresh for latest…: With just eight markets in release, Universal’s F9 has propelled the Fast & Furious franchise across the $6B mark globally. The Justin Lin-helmed actioner has an estimated international box office cume of $127M through Saturday, and is eyeing a weekend total of $160M+.

In China, F9 has grossed RMB 680M ($105M) through Saturday, already the biggest Hollywood opening of the pandemic. It is on track to become the 2nd biggest opening for Universal and the Fast Franchise in the market behind The Fate Of The Furious.

In Korea, F9 has a strong $7.7M through Saturday and is on track for the top studio opening weekend of the pandemic.

Russia’s cume through today is estimated at $6.4M, also on track for the biggest opening weekend of the pandemic.

57 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

This franchise is a true head scratcher to me 😂

but each to their own lol. Glad it’s getting bums in seats in the cinemas 

Yeah, glad to see it's getting people off the couch...but I don't get it. The same people who hate on Michael Bay and Zack Snyder for making "dumb action movies" also fawn all over this franchise, all of them made with less talent than either of those directors. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

Yeah, glad to see it's getting people off the couch...but I don't get it. The same people who hate on Michael Bay and Zack Snyder for making "dumb action movies" also fawn all over this franchise, all of them made with less talent than either of those directors. 

The F&F aren't "great" but they're better than any recent Bay or Snyder flicks from the last ten years...and they don't divide audiences.  

Edited by Macleod

1 hour ago, tonytr87 said:

Justin Lin (and James Wan too) is a very talented action director lol. 

• Like 4

The only film I liked is the one which have tank on road. I don't know which one that was. Didn't like F7, ending was well done though. The only other film  I watched is Hobbs and Shaw, frankly speaking, I didn't even try liking it, but it was probably ok with quips.

I don't understand how can anyone watch Vin Diesel and be like, yeah he is a Hero. ffs guy can't speak properly for saving his life. Rock is much much better.

Anyhow, I am not sure if these films have any good episodic storyline going, I didn't really find that in F7 and H&S. Shaw was villain and then he wasn't. Like...

Now when you are making sequels just for sake of adding numbers behind the title, the farce will start falling. 

Probably won't watch this until I get vaccinated (I was going to before but seems not worth it anymore). Likely won't watch it in cinemas at all if something more interesting comes out by the time I get vaccinated (maybe Green Knight at the end of next month). Hoping this opens below $50 mil dom just so it releases earlier on PVOD and I don't have to wait over a month to watch this lol.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

The only film I liked is the one which have tank on road. I don't know which one that was. Didn't like F7, ending was well done though. The only other film  I watched is Hobbs and Shaw, frankly speaking, I didn't even try liking it, but it was probably ok with quips.

I don't understand how can anyone watch Vin Diesel and be like, yeah he is a Hero. ffs guy can't speak properly for saving his life. Rock is much much better.

Anyhow, I am not sure if these films have any good episodic storyline going, I didn't really find that in F7 and H&S. Shaw was villain and then he wasn't. Like...

Now when you are making sequels just for sake of adding numbers behind the title, the farce will start falling. 

After 20 years and what, 15 hours of this franchise, that tank-on-the-road sequence in number 6 is still the only thing I can remember from any of these movies.

Edited by Avatree
  • Haha 1