CJohn

F9: The Fast Saga | June 25, 2021 | Pray to your Dom Shrine! | Coming to Cannes!

6 hours ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

lmao I wonder if Universal must made him do this because of scared over remaining box office sales.

https://twitter.com/JoeXu/status/1396910262494457856

Obviously... so boring by now.  Take a stand, people!  And Tyrese mentioned every other opening country *except* China in his bit in that promo video, so why aren't they angry at him??  🙄

On 5/22/2021 at 4:36 PM, Krissykins said:

This franchise is a true head scratcher to me 😂

but each to their own lol. Glad it’s getting bums in seats in the cinemas 

The fast movies morphed into an overbudgeted old school action movie franchise we rarely get these days with today action stars. There's a number of reasons the franchise is such a hit, from Paul Walkers death to the franchise's focus on a diverse set of character in a diverse set of locations made this truly special for worldwide audiences. It also did this before it was cool and didn't flaunt its diversity *cough disney cough* by patting itself in the back.

On 5/22/2021 at 5:58 PM, Macleod said:

The F&F aren't "great" but they're better than any recent Bay or Snyder flicks from the last ten years...and they don't divide audiences.  

Id argue Michael Bay movies rarely divided audiences before the most recent Bayformers movies, they just divided the 0.01% of critics out there. Most people have fun with Bay movies. Armageddon topped the year, BB1 & 2 became classics, hence the success of BB3 and Transformers 1 was so well recieved it spawned 3 shitty sequels which topped 1billion. Even the supposedly hated Pearl Harbour which was a huge success among audiences

On 5/26/2021 at 7:19 AM, Chicago said:

Id argue Michael Bay movies rarely divided audiences before the most recent Bayformers movies, they just divided the 0.01% of critics out there. Most people have fun with Bay movies. Armageddon topped the year, BB1 & 2 became classics, hence the success of BB3 and Transformers 1 was so well recieved it spawned 3 shitty sequels which topped 1billion. Even the supposedly hated Pearl Harbour which was a huge success among audiences

Yes... which is why I said "from the last ten years"...most Bay pre-Formers is genius blockbuster filmmaking. 

And by "divisive"...you know who/what I'm talking about. 

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Uh...

Uh... by "genius blockbuster" I mean... I would rather go back and watch any Bay movie from the 1990s than almost any Hollywood blockbuster from the last 10 (or possibly even 20) years... There's a style and brash attitude there in the filmmaking that is wonderful entertainment, no matter how "stupid" the films may seem...  and top quality tech credits and practical effects that aren't glossed over by copious CGI and "digital glossing."

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1