CJohn

F9: The Fast Saga | June 25, 2021 | Pray to your Dom Shrine! | Coming to Cannes!

10 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

At the very least, it doesn’t seem like it’ll be enough of a hit to justify making two more of these. 

If they decided not to split pt 10, I can understand. But they will make another. I don't see how it's considered a flop especially through Pandemic. It's obvious box-office wasn't going to be the same for any film this year. 

Next film is different story once everything is up and running.

I'm suprised they didn't put it on demand because I rather see it at home then go to the theater because of covid. Some friends and I decided to rent the theater room.

Edited by Dragon
  • Like 1

Thinking more about the movie, I do have to say the emotional core of the movie does work kinda well (better than most other blockbusters at least). Would've worked better if they got a different actor than John Cena. Also I think @FilmFincher, you were dissapointed this was shot in digital? You'd be happy to know that parts of it were shot on film. Hoping Lin doesn't completely ditch it in the next two movies.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Thanks 1

Action scenes were done pretty well and enjoyed the banter but these movies have become way too focused on Dom's personal life and past in an attempt to recontextulize past events as a "saga". 

Audience seemed to enjoy the ridiculousness of it which is why we watch these films after all.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

They were interviewing Vin on the Today Show this morning. He pretty much stated the 10th film is the last, so apparently they may have scrapped the 2-part idea.

Right call tbh. Even before COVID the series was starting to feel tired. One more movie with a big finale push would at least end the series on a high note financially speaking

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

They were interviewing Vin on the Today Show this morning. He pretty much stated the 10th film is the last, so apparently they may have scrapped the 2-part idea.

It'd be kinda neat if the finale was a back to basics street racing heist film again. I haven't seen F9 yet but the consensus seems to be that the over the top action has been pushed past its breaking point now. The series has survived so long by evolving and changing over time once it started getting stale.

4 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Which interview is this

https://www.menshealth.com/entertainment/a36663682/vin-diesel-f9-interview/

Also has this funny bit

What happened was, when they were blocking the scene, this young kid Diesel, who had all of a short film and a single indie feature under his belt—both written by, directed by, produced by, and starring himself—said to Spielberg, “Hey, Steven, where’s your C camera?”

“What? Why?” said the man who had directed Jaws and Close Encounters and Raiders of the Lost Ark and E.T. and The Color Purple and fucking Schindler’s List.

“Put a C camera in that second-floor window,” Diesel says he told him.

Then, the way Diesel tells the story, Spielberg did put a C camera in the window, and the shot was so good it ended up in the movie’s trailer.

11 minutes ago, Eric is Full of Pride said:

We gave this man a $225 million net worth. 😐

Hey, maybe Daniel Day-Lewis has won Best Actor three times but he had to be all Method and struggle for his art, while Vin has made millions saying, "I am Groot!" in a recording booth, and that's just a side gig compared to masterpiece properties like xXx and F&F, so who's the smart one, really? 

Seriously, though, the lack of self-awareness on Vin's part is staggering and hilarious.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

1 hour ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Seriously, though, the lack of self-awareness on Vin's part is staggering and hilarious.

Everyone else in the franchise knows exactly what kind of movie they are in, Vin Diesel is still chasing an acting Oscar with this franchise

• Thanks 1