CJohn

F9: The Fast Saga | June 25, 2021 | Pray to your Dom Shrine! | Coming to Cannes!

There's too much money at stake for Universal not to find a way to get these two on board, but right now, The Rock doesn't have a lot of good things to say about the chances of he and Vin working together again.

http://ew.com/movies/2018/04/04/dwayne-johnson-vin-diesel-feud/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

On 01/11/2017 at 11:43 AM, MrGamer said:

Yup, he would rather let his kids starve (yeah) than swallow his pride and work with The Rock. 

I know this is tongue in cheek, but Vin is not hurting for money in any way.  :)

26 minutes ago, baumer said:

There's too much money at stake for Universal not to find a way to get these two on board

Considering how much Dwayne Johnson can make on non Fast 9 movies (on that spin-off for example but even on those 20-25m salary + huge bonus he make on is non franchise movies) there is probably a way to not get these 2 on board. The offer he could not refuse wound probably need to be ridiculously big.

I was going to say those guys are turning 50 how long will they do movies like those ? but the answer could be 15-20 year's....

Edited by Barnack

1 hour ago, baumer said:

There's too much money at stake for Universal not to find a way to get these two on board, but right now, The Rock doesn't have a lot of good things to say about the chances of he and Vin working together again.

http://ew.com/movies/2018/04/04/dwayne-johnson-vin-diesel-feud/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly

I find this whole thing pretty funny, somehow. Not sure why but it's just funny.

Nothing beats the Tyrese imaginary feud though, that is truly hilarious.

Edited by Arlborn

1 hour ago, AndyK said:

Not directly connected, but good a place as any to park this.

"based on a pitch they recently heard from writers Nicole Perlman, Lindsey Beer and Geneva Robertson-Dworet." 

I am sold already.

I would love to see a Gisele-centric film, but since she is dead, I don't know how that might work (a prequel?). But damn, it would be awesome to have the girls of the franchise take the reins for once. Bring back Cipher, dammit. Wasn't she revealed to be the overarching villain of the last three FF films? 

18 hours ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

"based on a pitch they recently heard from writers Nicole Perlman, Lindsey Beer and Geneva Robertson-Dworet." 

I am sold already.

I would love to see a Gisele-centric film, but since she is dead, I don't know how that might work (a prequel?). But damn, it would be awesome to have the girls of the franchise take the reins for once. Bring back Cipher, dammit. Wasn't she revealed to be the overarching villain of the last three FF films? 

That hasn't stopped them before...or anyone in Hollywood, lately.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Heat Vision said:

Diesel knows this franchise is losing steam. He needs to profit from it as much as possible.

Hollywood is not a charity. There is nothing inherently wrong about trying to squeeze every penny from a franchise that is losing steam. Hell, the FF franchise itself was in decline after the third film when they decided to revitalize it, and it led to a great resurgence for the series. I am all for this potential all-female or at least more female-centric FF film...

• Like 1

On 1/24/2019 at 8:35 PM, Heat Vision said:

Diesel knows this franchise is losing steam. He needs to profit from it as much as possible.

Maybe, but it's still one of Hollywood's most successful franchises of all time. Has spawned spinoffs, theme park rides, an animated show, video games...etc. I think that's impressive, considering back in 2001 when the original was released nobody would have guessed it'd still be a thing nealry 20 years later.

I say bring on the female spin-off and bring them all back! 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, El Gato said:

Maybe, but it's still one of Hollywood's most successful franchises of all time. Has spawned spinoffs, theme park rides, an animated show, video games...etc. I think that's impressive, considering back in 2001 when the original was released nobody would have guessed it'd still be a thing nealry 20 years later.

I say bring on the female spin-off and bring them all back! 

Hear hear.

I remember that when the first FF film came out, I was one of those who thought it was a totally unmemorable lil action film and I figured that it would not leave any kind of lasting mark in pop culture. History proved me wrong.