baumer

Pokemon: The Movie (1999)

10 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Thought it was a fantastic movie. The part where Pikachu was thunderbolting Ash when he was turned to stone was an extremely sad scene. I had a lump in my throat :(

Omg me too!!! :(  I always have random thoughts about that. That whole scene is sad....

This movie was one of the biggest moments of my childhood. Pokemon was it back then. Had all the games, cards, watched every episode, you name it.

• Like 1

Went for my birthday when I was 6 opening day. I still have the Mew-too Pokemon card they gave you with a ticket (the only card I kept).

The 6 year old me thought this movie was the most epic thing ever made. Good Charizard vs. Evil Charizard, Mew vs. Mew-too plus the inception like ending. Was it all just a dream?!?? It blew my little mind.

A (6 year old grade)

• Like 2

I remember the first time I attempted to see this movie. I was seven at the time, and the showing ended up being sold out.

I cried like a baby (yeah I was big fan at the time, still am). Thankfully I managed to see the film weeks later when I was with my dad.

As a movie it’s not perfect, its message is hypocritical, but I still have a lot of nostalgia for it. I’ve seen it several times since I saw it in the theaters, and it’s still entertaining to me. The Mewtwo / Mew fight is exciting. 

As a seven year old I give this movie a 10.

As a grown up adult I give this movie a 6. 

• Like 1

• Community Manager

The one thing I hate about this movie is that Mewtwo erases everybodys memory. So, the characters just learn a big message, and then are wiped of that message???

I hear the writers of X-Men Origins: Wolverine were big fans of this movie! :P

(I'm being sarcastic. I have no idea if the writers have ever seen this movie or liked it.)

• Like 1

My Brother is a great song, best song from the film.

Back when I first watched the movie in English, it was merely another boring pop song. After watching the movie in Japanese, and hearing the instrumental piece it replaced, I find it difficult to refer to that song without using at least one expletive.