laguy03

laguy's Winter Game - And the winner is...

One of the things that makes the Winter Game so interesting is that there are always at least a handful of films that get limited release but then expand over the course of weeks and some end up being $100M+ grossing films, in large part due to all of the awards season campaigning and sometimes just from word of mouth buzz. I am looking at ALL films for my Top 15, not just wide releases.

Edited by laguy03
  • Like 3

I'm new in this game so I just want to ask a question. What if one of the movies I will list on my Top 15 suddenly moves its release date to next year? I read that The Wolf of Wall Street might move to next spring( I hope its not true) and I'm skeptical with Jack Ryan's release date. Thanks.

That's a good question. I think what I'm going to do is ask everyone to give me 3 alternates in their preseason predictions. That means that instead of a Top 15, I will ask for a Top 18. Only the Top 15 films will count toward your score, but if one of your top 15 predictions gets its release date pushed back, I will remove that film and replace it with the film you had right behind it. So if for example, if you have Wolf of Wall Street at #1 and it gets moved to Spring, we will move up whatever film you had at #2 to #1 and that will continue all the way down your list, until your #16  becomes your #15. Make sense?

• Like 3

No top 10 WW predictions? What a pity!

Anyway there're so many wild card that are very hard to predict, it will be equally very funny.  Thanks again laguy03

but um where do we post our answers?

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/11939-laguys-winter-game-top-15-predictionstop-5-owpreseason-answers/

• Like 1

6. Of the following movies currently listed as being released in a limited amount of theaters, which will be the highest grossing?

Twelve Years A Slave, American Hustle, or Saving Mr. Banks

Answer it correctly: 10,000 points

Answer it incorrectly: lose 5,000 points

Abstain: 2,500 points

7. Of the following movies currently listed as being released in a limited amount of theaters, which will be the lowest grossing?

Her, Nebraska, or Dallas Buyers Club

Answer it correctly: 10,000 points

Answer it incorrectly: lose 5,000 points

Abstain: 2,500 points

Wait! Both American Hustle and Saving Mr. Banks are supposed to go wide at the end of december (and maybe the others will expand too)

Am I simply supposed to predict highest/lowest grossing of this film wheter they will go wide or not? 

Edited by Filmovie