A Marvel Fanboy

Rachel McAdams's About Time

Working Title’s Rachel McAdams rom-com About Timegrossed $1.3m from 850 in 15 for an early $14m running total and opened to what UPI executives described as “good” albeit unspecified results in Finland, Hong Kong and Turkey. The film has generated $11m in the UK after five weekends and there are 48 territories to go.

next weekend its :wub: finally released here

South Korea

$3.8M OW(4-day)

$4.0M Cume (including previews -$170K)

Great start :)

BoxOffice @BoxOffice 

ABOUT TIME: $48.3M Overseas Total / $63M Global Total. #AboutTime

A $4 million debut from 281 dates put About Time on top of the South Korean box office. South Korea is a difficult market for imports as local audiences are known to strongly support the country's domestic fare. About Time charmed South Korean viewers on its way to doubling the opening weekend numbers of Love Actually in the country. The romantic comedy opened in limited release in Mexico with a $247K take from 80 dates. Peru also saw a soft launch with a $100K bow from 35 dates. About Time has two more releases slated in Latin America: Brazil on December 20 and Venezuela on January 31, 2014. About Time has grossed $48.3 million overseas and $63 million worldwide.

Edited by podo

On the other hand, About Time grossed another $2.5M in 15 territories to raise its international cume to $64.9M. Strength from the Korean box office, with a 17-day total of $18.9M, has pushed it passed the U.S. to become the highest-grossing territory and has even outgrossed Smaug. Go figure.

What the hell is up with South Korea's love for this flick? I guess it hit the right notes with that country's audience...?

Hmm, maybe I have some S. Korean ancestry somewhere because I loved this movie. I actually have it in my top 10 favorite movies of the year (#5) :D

• Like 1

aww Congrats on 20m SK, movie!

all my love is sent to Curtis! :wub: he totally deserves it!

I really hope he changes his mind abt this retiring bullshit & starts filming another movie like today!

Edited by Tauriel