#ED

Gotham | FOX

The show definitely has potential, but there were a fair amount of tonal inconsistencies and jarring shifts, as well as some odd/jarring editing in a few places.

One good point in its favor is that it does intend to slowly build a complex lore and world of crime to explore. Though a couple of the cameos in the show seem pretty pointless and almost just nonsensical fanservice

Namely apparently young Poison Ivy appearing for about two minutes in a random role, with a name nowhere near Poison Ivy's real name

• Like 1

The show definitely has potential, but there were a fair amount of tonal inconsistencies and jarring shifts, as well as some odd/jarring editing in a few places.   One good point in its favor is that it does intend to slowly build a complex lore and world of crime to explore. Though a couple of the cameos in the show seem pretty pointless and almost just nonsensical fanservice  

Namely apparently young Poison Ivy appearing for about two minutes in a random role, with a name nowhere near Poison Ivy's real name

I agree! I really liked this episode, it really shows that it's going to probe the corrupt ness and crime in Gotham. Not to mention it seems like this is going to be really good drama and they are already (I can tell) setting up connections. Good script too. I'm not a comic book junkie, so in terms of accuracy to the comics I can't say. I didn't mind the random seconds of poison ivy or the riddler. In fact I liked it the way they did it. Instead of shoving them in your face for endless amount of minutes, they instead focused on two/three villians and the others they showed just introduce us and keep them in the back of our mind. I really am interested in Catwoman's character, super adorable. She definitely seems like a character who could be in that gray area.

So guys: better or worse than the pilot of Agents of SHIT...I mean, Agents of SHIELD.

Shield is one of those shows that would have worked much better with less episodes. After Cap2 things really picked up. They sound like they learn from their mistakes, season 2 could be something. As for this, I'm hearing more of a "it's promising" vibe, rather than outright praise, interesting.

So guys: better or worse than the pilot of Agents of SHIT...I mean, Agents of SHIELD.

WAY better than Shield plot. Honestly, I was confused with Shield and it failed to really get my attention after all the hype. I didn't actually watch any other episode other than their pilot. This was way better.
  • Like 1

Oh me too, I just thought hopefully like season 3/4 we'd get Batman. Maybe instead they'll keep Gotham separate and after make a show just with Batman, like a sequel to Gotham?

Yeah I don't think we will see Batman until maybe the last episode Not sure they will do a Batman solo show though

• Community Manager

But.....but......

what about the batman/Catwoman romance?!?!?

:wub: I want some make out scenes! With kids..........something tells me it just wouldn't look the same....

Posted Image

It's not the same (if you're turned on, I'd be worried) obviously but The Wonder Years pilot shows how it can still be very impactful.

But.....but......

what about the batman/Catwoman romance?!?!?

:wub: I want some make out scenes! With kids..........something tells me it just wouldn't look the same....

I get what you mean but not sure how much if that we will see ;)
  • Like 1

I liked quite a bit. The standout was Donal Logue, that guy always puts in solid work. I also liked the look of this Gotham quite a bit. Yes I will admit the future villain cameos were a bit distracting, including one that wasn't advertised. But all in all a very good start and it got the record series treatment

• Like 1