#ED

Gotham | FOX

Hrmm. McKenzie and Logue were good. The actress who plays Gordon's girlfriend is really bad, like super duper bad, in this episode. Honestly the thing that stuck out to me most about the episode was the bizarre decision to cut to shakycam closeups of Gordon running

• Like 3

The show definitely has potential, but there were a fair amount of tonal inconsistencies and jarring shifts, as well as some odd/jarring editing in a few places.

One good point in its favor is that it does intend to slowly build a complex lore and world of crime to explore. Though a couple of the cameos in the show seem pretty pointless and almost just nonsensical fanservice

Namely apparently young Poison Ivy appearing for about two minutes in a random role, with a name nowhere near Poison Ivy's real name

All I know is that Bruno Heller made Rome.

We need Kevin McKidd in Gotham.

• Like 1

Hrmm. McKenzie and Logue were good. The actress who plays Gordon's girlfriend is really bad, like super duper bad, in this episode. Honestly the thing that stuck out to me most about the episode was the bizarre decision to cut to shakycam closeups of Gordon running

Omgomgomg! We were just laughing about that (I watched it a second time since my sister and her bf got home late, so watched it with them). He laughed and said the camera work on his face while running was dumb and we all laughed at it. :lol:

The performance by the guy playing The Penguin was everything. Can he please get his own spin-off, like, now?

This was decent, if kind of rote (the cast is good, but we've seen this kind of cop drama material about 9873575292564 times before). The various references to Batman history seemed a little too forced, Arrow has done a pretty good job in that department. I probably won't continue watching though.

All I know is that Bruno Heller made Rome.

We need Kevin McKidd in Gotham.

Kevin McKidd for the excessively Scottish Ra's al Ghul?

The problem is that most of the big Batman villains are similar to Batman's age.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

That's what around I thought, but my friend said he saw in a magazine that she was 40 and I'm like :"Um, heeeeell no. There's no way on hell's green earth that that girl is 40. I know makeup can do wonders, but not miracles."

Are you certain you didn't mishear your friend saying '14'?

I'm surprised I liked it.  I have no idea who any of the actors are but the guy who played Gordon was terrific and his girlfriend was hot.  The Penguin guy looks like Christopher Walkins eccentric son from Wedding Crashers....he was good.  That is the Riddler working in the lab for the Gotham Police, right?

All in all a good start and one that will make me watch again.  

• Like 2

So guys: better or worse than the pilot of Agents of SHIT...I mean, Agents of SHIELD.

It's a lot better than the SHIELD premiere, despite some serious pilot syndrome and some dumb, comic booky dialogue. I think most of the problems can be fixed easily now that most of the introductions are over.  It has a great sense of place and some elements of noir that allow for these odd characters and more theatrical performances to live in. The main cast is surprisingly good across the board and I'm looking forward to seeing them really settle into their roles.

>
Time Net Show 18-49 Rating 18-49 Share Viewers Live+SD (million)
8:00PM CBS The Big Bang Theory 5.3 17 17.80
NBC The Voice(8-10PM) 3.9 11 12.70
FOX Gotham 3.2 10 8.00
ABC Dancing with the Stars (8-10PM) 2.0 6 12.00
CW Whose Line is it Anyway? -R 0.3 1 0.92
Edited by H#ngm#n
  • Like 1