kayumanggi

COMPUTER ANIMATED FILMS thread | SOUL (Jan 12), TURNING RED (Feb 09), and LUCA (Mar 22) return to theaters in 2024

- Could Newt reborn in another form?

Well, Tangled took what, two decades to finally release? It had so many forms before the final product. If someone decides to dust it off the shelf and take it on, maybe? I doubt it though. Seems like Rio took the concept already.

- If we take off humans and animals, we have what....only cars?

Trees? Rocks? Aliens?

Well, Tangled took what, two decades to finally release? It had so many forms before the final product. If someone decides to dust it off the shelf and take it on, maybe? I doubt it though. Seems like Rio took the concept already.Trees? Rocks? Aliens?

I don't remember where I read it (maybe entertainment weekly, actually...) but doesn't Wreck-it-Ralph have a long development history as well? I remember an article that listed several different names it was being developed under.For NEWT to get made, it'll need another basic concept for the story besides the "last 2 of their species forced together". Newt was special to someone, and that person(s) is probably working out a new version on their own, hoping it'll get a chance again since it had been so close originally.

How about amoebas?

My friend and I had a good chuckle once about a movie or short where traffic-lights were characters. You know it seems like they plan it when its late at night and you hit every single red light in a row... :ph34r: Edited by Misadventures2x3

He probably means from digital domain -- Legend of Trembo.

http://www.tcpalm.co...announces-film/

Thanks for the link, i didn't know this one!

I read what...10 years ago? in a serious movie magazine about a project at Dreamworks with elephants named TUSKER and with voices from Jodie Foster and Morgan Freeman.

No link to provide, sorry.

- vege-tales? (you kill me. I love that one!)

- ozmosis jones? (know this one but never saw it)

and the letters and numbers, you got me. A scrabble-movie adaptation? Oh so great! I love playing Scrabble. (and Tetris too)

The more i think about it, the more i like it.Scrabble: the Movie.No humans.No alien invasion plot.Only letters with no other humans features than eyes.Of course, the choice of "A/B/C/D.." letters could be polemical in some areas in the world.Or a fight between asian writing and western letters.(kidding)

Quick google search does bring up a dreamworks flick called Tusker, but it doesn't look like it's getting made. Even more so now thanks to Trembo -- can't see it happening.

http://www.animation...amworks-tusker/

After a bit more searching:

http://collider.com/imagi-animation-studios-shut-down-is-the-adaptation-of-gatchaman-dead/16194/

"Imagi Animation Studios is closing down after being forced to lay off 300 of its employees due to financial woes. The studio launched in 2000 and after doing animation work for TV and in a supporting capacity with DreamWorks Animation’s Father of the Pride (2004), the studio had a moderate success in 2007 with TMNT. Unfortunately, their next film, last year’s Astro Boy opened to disappointing numbers, raking in only $23 million worldwide, which was less than a third of its budget."

Edited by Misadventures2x3

Does anyone know where to find the trailer for "Blue Planet" from Rainbow Studios. It is so OLD now. I mean, the trailer started out making a jab at "A Bug's Life" and used a variation of "They killed Kenny! You bastards!". Then it went off into what basically looked like a Halo movie set to White Zombie's "More Human Than Human".Back in 98, that was an awesome trailer. Then the film went belly up... and I used to devote time to trying to find the trailer. Just to see where we were back then in CG animation. Might be fun for shits and giggles.

Yep, that's it. What's funny is when that first came out, it blew my mind. Now it just looks like cinematics from a video game. And a low quality video game at that. But... would have been groundbreaking in its time if it had come to pass.