Dementeleus

Weekend estimates-on PG 11. Cloudy 2@35M

Yuck - behaving much like the first or like a really little kids flick

You guys act like a $35 million OW in September is bad... I would not be surprised if it holds spectacularly and gets $140 to $150 million by the end of its run since every major release next month is adult-targeting. Hotel Transylvania's 2nd weekend was hurt slightly by Frankenweenie while Cloudy 2 will have open skies until November 1st. 

It's not over yet and Cloudy 2 will still be the highest grossing release of September  :)

#DonJon earns C+ CinemaScore, much like Drive's C-. Both well-reviewed Sep pics w/ hot male stars rejected by paying auds.

https://twitter.com/giteshpandya/status/384330295836545024

Excellent !

Joe Six-pack can't has auteur filmmaking in his belly.

That's a horrible opening for Meatballs and I'm shocked at the CS for Don Jon.  What were people expecting when they went in?

Its budget is 78M, so I don't think a 35M OW is bad at all. It has no direct family competition at all. If it follows The Croods multiplier, which is very possible, it'll gross 150M DOM. Add thst with a possible 200M OS and you get 350M WW for a 78M film which is a success.
  • Like 1

Its budget is 78M, so I don't think a 35M OW is bad at all. It has no direct family competition at all. If it follows The Croods multiplier, which is very possible, it'll gross 150M DOM. Add thst with a possible 200M OS and you get 350M WW for a 78M film which is a success.

The problem with it is that it had no increase from the first, or a slight increase.  For a film that is as liked as the first is supposed to be, this is KFP2 all over again.  I'll give it a 3X, but not a 4.  I think this finishes with less than 120.

The problem with it is that it had no increase from the first, or a slight increase.  For a film that is as liked as the first is supposed to be, this is KFP2 all over again.  I'll give it a 3X, but not a 4.  I think this finishes with less than 120.

Well I disagree, I predict a 3.8x multiplier cause there is no family competition, which is around 133M.
  • Like 1