snoozealoo

Once Upon A Time

Yeah, I wasn't expecting Emma to believe and the curse to be broken that suddenly, but I'm so very glad. It was getting beyond annoying with Emma being so damned blind and stubborn, lol.Love the twist they threw in at the end though. Leaves many places for them to go from now on. As obviously the main plot of Season 1 is over.It's gonna be interesting to see how Emma, Snow and Charming act now that they know who they all are. Would be a little weird, don't ya think? "Hey guys... this entire time you've actually been my parents? Awkwarddddd..." :lol:

Edited by Cozmees Everdeen

the finale was awesome , a bit fast-paced though still can't wait for all the awkwardness of my parents are my age lol and anxious to know whether august:pinocchio is alive now that magic has come to storybrooke! rumplestilskin is a coniving bad guy totally did not see that happening at the end

Just caught this on Hulu+ after hearing all year about how amazing it was. It was pretty good... had a decent ending although I am kinda interested where they are going to take it from here seeing as the whole idea behind the show is over... It could get really good, or really bad depending on how its all done.

Monday, September 10, 2012

ABC Television Network

PRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT -

ONCE UPON A TIME: Magic is Coming

EMMA SWAN'S JOURNEY INTO STORYBROOKE AND HER DESTINY TO BECOME

THE SAVIOR OF THE CURSED FAIRYTALE CHARACTERS IS REVISTED, IN ANTICIPATION OF THE EXCITING SECOND-SEASON PREMIERE, ON "ONCE UPON A TIME: MAGIC IS COMING," SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 30 ON ABC

Giancarlo Esposito, Who Plays Sidney/Magic Mirror, Narrates the Special

ABC invites new and devoted "Once Upon a Time" viewers to take another look at last season's number one new drama and one of the most critically acclaimed shows. "Once Upon a Time: Magic is Coming," narrated by Giancarlo Esposito (Sydney/Magic Mirror), will explore the series in a way that will bring new viewers up to date -- but which current viewers will also find illuminating - in anticipation of the exciting second-season premiere. The special will take a look at Emma Swan's journey into Storybrooke and her destiny to break the Evil Queen's curse, which sent the fairytale characters into our world with no memory of who they once were. Backstories and secrets of Snow White, Prince Charming, Rumplestiltskin, Red Riding Hood and others will also be revealed. In addition, the special will give a glimpse into what's upcoming for Season Two -- magic! "Once Upon a Time: Magic is Coming" airs SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 30 (7:00-8:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

And they lived happily ever after... or so everyone was led to believe. To ensure that no one in fairytale land - especially Snow White - had anymore "happily ever afters," Evil Queen Regina cast a curse which trapped the fairytale characters, frozen in time, and brought them into our modern world. Although still alive, they had no knowledge of their former selves and were sleepwalking through life - ageless -- for 28 years, until their savior arrived in the form of Emma Swan. Unbeknownst to Emma, she was the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming, who had whisked her out of fairytale land and into our world as an infant to save her from the curse. Abandoned as a baby, Emma's life was anything but magical. Her last job was as a bail bondsperson, but she mostly went from job to job without much of a life plan. When her 10-year-old son, Henry, whom she gave up for adoption years ago, appeared on her doorstep with a book of fairytales and told her a crazy story about how she's the prodigy of fairytale characters who are all trapped in a town called Storybrooke, she thought he was nuts. But curiosity got the better of Emma, and she brought Henry back to the town and soon found out that Storybrooke was indeed more than it seemed. Regina, ever the control freak, had placed herself as Mayor of the town and was Henry's adoptive mother. But over time, Emma began to see through the cracks of the curse. And the only way she could truly break the curse was to accept her destiny as liberator of Storybrooke's characters and to fight for their freedom.

"Once Upon a Time" stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills, Meghan Ory as Red Riding Hood/Ruby, and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

XXXXXXX

SEASON PREMIERE

REALITY AND MYTH BEGIN TO MERGE AS THE FAIRYTALE CHARACTERS AWAKEN

FROM EVIL QUEEN REGINA'S BROKEN CURSE, MAGIC IS INTRODUCED TO STORYBROOKE, AND PRINCE PHILLIP AWAKENS HIS SLEEPING BEAUTY, AURORA, BUT DISCOVERS THAT HE AND TRAVELING COMPANION MULAN WILL SOON HAVE TO FACE A DEADLY FOE, ON THE SEASON PREMIERE OF ABC'S "ONCE UPON A TIME"

Sarah Bolger ("The Tudors") Guest Stars as Aurora

Jamie Chung ("Sucker Punch," "The Hangover Part II") Guest Stars as Mulan

Master storytellers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz ("Lost," "Tron: Legacy") invite everyone to Storybrooke, Maine, a small town that probably won't show up on one's GPS... but it's a place where magic is coming.

In Season One of "Once Upon a Time," Evil Queen Regina had cast a curse that brought the fairytale characters into our modern world and trapped them in Storybrooke with no memory of their former selves. Here they languished, ageless for 28 years, until Emma Swan stumbled upon them through her son, Henry, whom she had given up for adoption years ealier. Over time Emma came to understand that she herself was the progeny of fairy tale characters - Snow White and Prince Charming - and having begun to see cracks in Regina's curse and her hold on Storybrooke, set about breaking both.

In the Season Two premiere episode, "Broken," reality and myth begin to merge as the fairytale characters awaken from Evil Queen Regina's broken curse and remember who they were. But to their dismay, they aren't transported back to fairytale land. To make matters worse, Rumplestiltskin - aka Mr. Gold - in an effort to gain the upper hand in his power struggle with Regina, has introduced magic into the town. In fairytales magic has its place, but in our world it can have unfathomable consequences. Meanwhile, back in the fairytale land, Prince Phillip awakens his sleeping beauty, Aurora (Sarah Bolger, "The Tudors"), but discovers that he and his traveling companion, Mulan (Jamie Chung, "Sucker Punch," "The Hangover Part II"), will soon have to face a deadly foe, on the Season Premiere of "Once Upon a Time," SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 30 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Once Upon a Time" stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills, Meghan Ory as Red Riding Hood/Ruby, and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Guest starring are Raphael Sbarge as Archie Hopper/Jiminy Cricket, Lee Arenberg as Leroy/Grumpy, David Anders as Dr. Whale, Keegan Connor Tracy as Mother Superior/Blue Fairy, Michael Raymond-Jones as mysterious man, Beverley Elliott as Granny, Sarah Bolger as Aurora, Jamie Chung as Mulan, David-Paul Grove as Doc, Gabe Khouth as Mr. Clark/Sneezy, Faustino Di Bauda as Walter/Sleepy, Jeffrey Kaiser as Dopey, Michael Coleman as Happy, Mig Macario as Bashful and Julian Morris as Prince Phillip.

"Broken" was written by Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz and directed by Ralph Hemecker.

Edited by mulder42

• Community Manager

Yeah, that season premiere was all kinds of awesome. MULAN!!!!! Nice to see wraiths, aka Dementors, in Storybrooke/FTL, lol. I sure hope JK Rowling doesn't sue ABC. :lol:

Wraiths existed long before Harry Potter so JK Rowling has no case.

Question on Season 1, as I am going to watch Season 2 premiere now.

But on Season 1, Regina didn't want Emma around, so the curse would have stayed in place. I know no one was really happy, and there was no true love, but Storybrooke sure wasn't that bad place to live?

You would have figured there would be some heart-ache - a monster killing townspeople once a year, etc, etc, etc.

• Community Manager

Question on Season 1, as I am going to watch Season 2 premiere now.

But on Season 1, Regina didn't want Emma around, so the curse would have stayed in place. I know no one was really happy, and there was no true love, but Storybrooke sure wasn't that bad place to live?

You would have figured there would be some heart-ache - a monster killing townspeople once a year, etc, etc, etc.

Sorry, what?

So what does everyone think of Season 2 start? It looks like those 2 will be back there for a bunch of episodes?And what happened, as Regina only got her magic when touched by Emma? Wonder if Regina still has magic, as what is up with Emma now?

• Community Manager

Sorry what! Why don't you answer the question, instead of posting something stupid and worthless.

I meant I don't really get your question. You state nobody is happy in season one,and then ask why Storybrooke is such a bad place. It's a nice town, but you can live in a great place and be miserable. That's the curse: not being allowed to be happy. You answered your own question.Snow White suffers not because of her job,but because she's not with her true love. It seems you don't seem to get that the emotional aspect of the curse is what makes it such a bad thing Edited by Water Bottle

I am just saying, compared to most peoples lifestyle, they aren't too badly off. Especially since they don't remember true love. It would be worse if they remembered true love but couldn't have it.

OK, this has officially replaced NCIS as my favorite show on TV right now. I got done this past weekend watching all of season one and what is so far of season 2. I'm loving how things are so fantastically intergrated. And I love the balance between the real world, FTL and the flashbacks. So far, my number one favorite character has got to be Jefferon. The guy just doesn't give a fuck. I love it. Next would be Emma and August. But really, besides Belle, (sorry to any Belle fans) there is not a weak character in this. When the show leaves me clammoring for more Emma, and Snow, and Regina, Cora, August (Where the fuck is he???????) and what not, you know they did a good job writing and portraying these characters.