The Creator

5.1 "Deviations"

5.1 "Deviations" (Team Captains)

The first game is underway, so now it is time to reveal the meaning of the Team Captain. Each team was arranged by returning veterans, who picked members to join them on their teams. For the most part, the teams are named after the veteran who started the team. There a couple exceptions, mostly those that involve two or more veterans on the same team, or which are a recurring team from a previous season. Also, there are two tentative Team Captains, two veterans who instead of picking players had players assigned to them. The Team Captains have been ranked by strength, as those who contributed most to this process started off with greater strength. That means both ChD and Chasmmi stand out with the greatest power so far.

So how will this power come into effect?

There are many ways throughout the season that we will see the Team Captain exercise power. Not akin to the manner in which Legends had near totalitarian control last season, the Team Captains must exercise their powers within certain, albeit flexible, restraints. The Team Captain will be the representative of his team for each week of the season. Representative to what? A brand new Challenge. In fact, it's not even The Challenge...instead, it's The Ventures.

The Ventures - Every week, the Team Captains will participate as representatives of their respective teams in "The Ventures". Similar to The Challenge, in which players face elimination, The Ventures are designed to determine which team is given the most power. The Team Captain who performs highest in The Ventures receives benefits for himself and for his team. In the instance that a team has a co-captain (as in "The Shadowgods") or a chair (as in "The Equation Sensation"), a Team Captain can choose to send a different representative in his place, but only one representative from each team can participate in the Ventures. That means for "The Shadowgods", Xeno and Acsc can choose to alternate who goes into The Ventures each week. And for "Equation Sensation", Team Captain 4815162342 can elect a chair (Jim Shorts or Goffe) to go in his stead. As teams grow or shrink over the course of the season, Team Captains can choose to elect chairs when their governing body exceeds 3 members. In this, a hierarchical system is established within each team...and amongst the teams combined. Because the Team Captain who scores the best in the Ventures will reap the greatest benefit, but that benefit will be disclosed at a later time.

The Ventures will provide Team Captains with the incentive to work harder for their team's benefit. If a Team Captain dies in The Challenge, his team will be dissolved...and the players who are bound to him MAY under circumstances be eliminated also. There are preventative measures that each Team Captain can take to prevent this from happening, but for now, know and understand that as a Team Captain, you are responsible for both yourself and for your partner(s). Your conduct in the Ventures and in the weekend competitions should express this.

Power - ChD and Chasmmi are tied for holding the most power right now. The effects of this will not actually be felt or explained until weekend results are published.

Question 1 is going to be one of those annoying questions where the person scoring highest well well be the idiot who thought Runner Runner would break out.

I can't see many people having predicted in excess of 50M for Gravity and so it could come down to whoever overpredicted RR the most doing best at the question. :(

My original prediction for Q no. 1 was 60M (50+10) before I thought myself crazy and reduced it to 55M. :(

5.1 "Deviations" (Team Captains)

The first game is underway, so now it is time to reveal the meaning of the Team Captain. Each team was arranged by returning veterans, who picked members to join them on their teams. For the most part, the teams are named after the veteran who started the team. There a couple exceptions, mostly those that involve two or more veterans on the same team, or which are a recurring team from a previous season. Also, there are two tentative Team Captains, two veterans who instead of picking players had players assigned to them. The Team Captains have been ranked by strength, as those who contributed most to this process started off with greater strength. That means both ChD and Chasmmi stand out with the greatest power so far.

So how will this power come into effect?

There are many ways throughout the season that we will see the Team Captain exercise power. Not akin to the manner in which Legends had near totalitarian control last season, the Team Captains must exercise their powers within certain, albeit flexible, restraints. The Team Captain will be the representative of his team for each week of the season. Representative to what? A brand new Challenge. In fact, it's not even The Challenge...instead, it's The Ventures.

The Ventures - Every week, the Team Captains will participate as representatives of their respective teams in "The Ventures". Similar to The Challenge, in which players face elimination, The Ventures are designed to determine which team is given the most power. The Team Captain who performs highest in The Ventures receives benefits for himself and for his team. In the instance that a team has a co-captain (as in "The Shadowgods") or a chair (as in "The Equation Sensation"), a Team Captain can choose to send a different representative in his place, but only one representative from each team can participate in the Ventures. That means for "The Shadowgods", Xeno and Acsc can choose to alternate who goes into The Ventures each week. And for "Equation Sensation", Team Captain 4815162342 can elect a chair (Jim Shorts or Goffe) to go in his stead. As teams grow or shrink over the course of the season, Team Captains can choose to elect chairs when their governing body exceeds 3 members. In this, a hierarchical system is established within each team...and amongst the teams combined. Because the Team Captain who scores the best in the Ventures will reap the greatest benefit, but that benefit will be disclosed at a later time.

The Ventures will provide Team Captains with the incentive to work harder for their team's benefit. If a Team Captain dies in The Challenge, his team will be dissolved...and the players who are bound to him MAY under circumstances be eliminated also. There are preventative measures that each Team Captain can take to prevent this from happening, but for now, know and understand that as a Team Captain, you are responsible for both yourself and for your partner(s). Your conduct in the Ventures and in the weekend competitions should express this.

Power - ChD and Chasmmi are tied for holding the most power right now. The effects of this will not actually be felt or explained until weekend results are published.

That's it. I resign. :P

My original prediction for Q no. 1 was 60M (50+10) before I thought myself crazy and reduced it to 55M. :(

You're still ahead a few millions... I initially had them, together, at below 49M... I upped it to 53 just before the deadline -_-

Well, the 4th question screwed me over worse than the first one did.

Was that before or after the revision?

WHen Boxoffice.com had the difference at 6% I was a dead man but as things currently stand i ook like a hero. (Or at least a hero that screwed up questions 1 and 5)

Was that before or after the revision?

WHen Boxoffice.com had the difference at 6% I was a dead man but as things currently stand i ook like a hero. (Or at least a hero that screwed up questions 1 and 5)

Both screwed me over, but the revised one screwed me over worse. Let's say I predicted x7.5 the actual number.

Both screwed me over, but the revised one screwed me over worse. Let's say I predicted x7.5 the actual number.

Ah gotcha, so you are basically hoping the end result is as close to 0 as possible in order to 0% almost everybody now.

5.1 "Deviations"

Seven teams compete against each other. The Team Captains are being announced. Chasmmi has just secured his following, binding Films and Filmovie to him. With his circle formed, he assumed command and is ready to represent his team in The Ventures, where he will bring fortune to his team if he can stand out as he had last season. ChD also gathers his followers; his covenant will join Chasmmi's in the Ventures, where ChD will serve as representative. The first two to consolidate their leads, Chasmmi and ChD will receive special benefits this week. Both Team Captains will receive an overall +5% bonus added to their respective team's score. This can make a big difference in the results this week. 

But they are not the one two Captains to have consolidated their lead. Jay Salahi is back for his second season. Now, he brings with him newcomer Gingy, and Jay intends to bring his following to the forefront in this competition. It will be a tough ride, though. And of course, last season's winning team is back again. Numbers assumes the lead as he was the sole survivor last season, the winner, and will receive benefit from that. For now, he consolidates sole leadership over "The Equation Sensation" - but the team is structured differently from any other team. It is solely comprised of veterans, and as such, both of Numbers' followers/allies will assume the position of Team Chairs, who will have their own participation in The Ventures. These Ventures will decide which team is the best this season and will in a broader sense set the stage for Season 6's final showdown. Because tentatively, Season 6 will be the final season of Box Office Alliance.

And of course, "The Shadowgods" have arisen. XenoZodiac and Acsc1312 were the first original dynamic duo. They were the first powerhouse to be produced in the series, and their conflict with "The Firerisers" in Season 1 was an impressive feud. Xeno and Acsc would take separate paths in the seasons that followed, but always they have been loyal to each other. Acsc has done more in the game since then, branching out to make strong alliances with CEDAR (an alliance that may someday include the trio in what will probably be then the strongest alliance of all time). Yet Xeno has been the wisest and fiercest warrior of all, calculating, smart, and revered. His absence has been sorely missed, and now we are glad to have him back this season. Xeno takes primary Captain roles as he was the first to start the team this season, and he branched out to include Olive and Gizmo in the alliance. But Acsc will stand as equal, a Co-Captain, and will bear most of the same powers as XenoZodiac. They both have the right to participate in the Ventures to be held this season.

There are two other Prospective Captains: Tawasal and Empire, both former players returning for their fourth and third times, respectively. They are not officially Team Captains as they didn't actually forge their teams but rather had them forged for them by my hand. They can escalate to Team Captains if they are efficient enough in the Ventures and in the special questions and other tasks associated with all Team Captains.

...and of course, there is Alfred. Season 1's winner stands alone currently. But he is not one to be a loner, and it is likely that fate (or I) has something great in store for him.

Now, it is time for you all to see this week's scores. Let's get to it.

Chasmmi's Circle

Chasmmi: 84.98% +4 (+3 1st team, +1 80%+)

Filmovie: 74.78% +4 (+3 1st team, +1 highest Question 3)

Films: 85.15% +6 (+3 1st team, +1 3rd individual, +2 80%+)

AVG: 86.64% +14 (includes +5%)

ChD's Covenant

ChD: 69.50%

#AlphaBetaCharlieDelta: 69.50%

Blankments: 60.08%

AVG: 71.36% (includes +5%)

Empire's Imperials

Empire: 0.00% (no show) -1 (-1 Strike 1)

Tower: 75.95% +2 (+1 highest Question 2, +1 highest Question 5)

AVG: 37.98% +1

The Equation Sensation

4815162342: 69.55%

Goffe: 71.28%

Jim Shorts: 70.56%

AVG: 70.46%

Jay's Followers

Jay Salahi: 71.65%

Gingy: 62.62%

AVG: 67.14%

The Shadowgods

XenoZodiac: 72.02% +2 (+2 2nd team)

Acsc1312: 69.65% +2 (+2 2nd team)

Gizmo: 69.65% +2 (+2 2nd team)

Olive: 86.18% +6 (+2 2nd individual, +2 2nd team, +2 85%+)

AVG: 74.38% +12

Tawasal's Gathering

Tawasal: 78.25% +2 (+1 3rd team, +1 highest Question 4)

fmpro: 70.16% +2 (+1 3rd team, +1 highest Question 1)

Grim22: 69.90% +1 (+1 3rd team)

AVG: 72.77% +5

Alfred: 87.20% +7 (+5 highest individual, +2 85%+)

If you found it keep it secret.

Stay tuned for more.

Edited by The Creator