Intl. Gravity VS Life of Pi (OW):

Russia 8.1m 10.7m

Germany 3.8m 6.1m

Australia 3.2m 5.2m

Itlay 2.6m 1m

Spain 2.3m 2.3m

Taiwan 1m 2.2m

HK 1m 1.4m

Gravity OWs (19.7m) is 68% of that (28.9m) of Pi in the 7 markets available above. Pi averaged multipliers over 7 intls.

Pi has 90M from China?

68% and without 90M from China... Gravity would finish with 240M OS.

OS LoP is a tough goal even to begin with. Legs will decide how far Gravity can go. Hopefully its relatively stronger DOM take could make up for the OS performance so WW it could make as much as LoP.

Suppose 250m DOM for Gravity, it only needs 350m OS to make 600m WW.

And a China release is badly needed, both for the boxoffice and the Chinese fans.

Edited by vc2002

theres no china release. this wont have life of pi legs os.

400s WW that is all.

its not getting 250m DOM. this is because its ow was huge for an oscar film, it will cut its multiplier.

Edited by Halba

Life of Pi had Christmas/Oscars. Gravity won't have any of them.

Agree that it will not have Christmas, but Oscars? If technically is so good as it is said (I still have not seen it), it will have some nominations/wins as Life of Pi had for sure.

OS LoP is a tough goal even to begin with. Legs will decide how far Gravity can go. Hopefully its relatively stronger DOM take could make up for the OS performance so WW it could make as much as LoP.

Suppose 250m DOM for Gravity, it only needs 350m OS to make 600m WW.

And a China release is badly needed, both for the boxoffice and the Chinese fans.

Only needs 350m ?

350m is a lot. For Gravity, It is even not certain whether its DOM gross or OS gross will be bigger.

That's easy to explain. Both Bullock and Clooney are only big in America. The two are not A-listers internationally. They have limited draw power outside DOM.

Maybe in China.

Where I live Clooney and Bullock are as big and A-list as it gets. Just because they never star in big-budget blockbuster projects doesn't mean they don't have star quality. They're fucking Bullock and Clooney.

It doesn't get any bigger than that.

Maybe in China.

Where I live Clooney and Bullock are as big and A-list as it gets. Just because they never star in big-budget blockbuster projects doesn't mean they don't have star quality. They're fucking Bullock and Clooney.

It doesn't get any bigger than that.

One place doesnt matter. Was talking overally.

Box office says all.

Bullock only has one 200M+ OS grosser in her 20+ years career. And that movie is Speed in 1994 with Reeves. She has 4 other 100M+ OS grosser and that's all. Her Oscar winner Blinded Side only did 53M OS, which is plain awful for a movie with 250m dom take.

Clooney only has two Ocean's movies over 200M+ OS, mainly thanks to Brad Pitt. Outside the three Ocean's, he only has 1 100+ os movies.

Even Adam Sandler, who has a dozen of 100m+ os grossing movies, is not considered A-lister internationally, let alone America-exclusive stars Bullock and Clooney.

Ben Stiller is not A-lister internationally too. Jim Carrey was though, the only Amercian comdey actor ever to become A-lister OS.

Real A-lister international stars like Smith, Depp and Cruise each have tons of 200M+ OS movies.

Bullock and Clooney America-only? That is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read. Bullock and Clooney are big in the right project. These weird theories by firedeep leave me shocked.

This isn't the type of movie that appeals too much OS. That is the problem.

Bullock and Clooney America-only? That is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read. Bullock and Clooney are big in the right project. These weird theories by firedeep leave me shocked.This isn't the type of movie that appeals too much OS. That is the problem.

Sorry he is right . Bullock and Clooney are total non factors overseas
  • Like 1

Before WWZ everyone was saying Pitt was not a big factor OS and that the Oceans movies were hits because of the assemble cast. Now everyone says Oceans success was Pitt's fault. LOL.

Before WWZ everyone was saying Pitt was not a big factor OS and that the Oceans movies were hits because of the assemble cast. Now everyone says Oceans success was Pitt's fault. LOL.

Not me. Always thought it was obvious Pitt was an OS draw. I'm not one of those guys that said Tatum was a bigger draw than Pitt