baumer

Tuesday Numbers (jumps are minimal)

Tuesday numbers:1) BD1: $2,642,924 (Actual) +4%2) Muppets: 1 mill3) Immortals: 700K4) Hugo: 600K5) HF2: 590KThese are very minimal increases. They almost look identical to yesterdays numbers.

That looks about right. New Moon only stayed basically flat from Monday to Tuesday.

I'm not talking about BD1. I'm talking about Muppets. And NM stayed flat two years ago before discount Tuesdays were really here.

Maybe less people saw it? OMIGOSH! :P

Don't be obtuse Noctis. It's Tuesday for God sake. Movies go up on Tuesdays. Where have you been for the last year? :wacko:

I don't know where you found the numbers on Mojo, but boxoffice.com has $1,042,471 as the Tuesday number for Muppets, which is indeed down about 2.8%.A couple of other numbers from boxoffice.com:Immortals - $712,805 (+14%)Descendants - $584,378 (+20%)

Edited by Chrestomanci

I don't know where you found the numbers on Mojo, but boxoffice.com has $1,042,471 as the Tuesday number for Muppets, which is indeed down about 2.8%.A couple of other numbers from boxoffice.com:Immortals - $712,805 (+14%)Descendants - $584,378 (+20%)

Mojo had the estimates on twitter.

It has a shot at 290M. It has been getting better drops than New Moon.

I agree. While my prediction before BD1 opened was in the mid-280s and I still think that's the most likely landing point, I don't think we can rule out 290 at all. After being over 12% behind NM's daily number as late as last Thursday, BD1 has managed to climb to the point where its Sunday number was nearly even with NM's, its Monday number was a bit higher and its Tuesday number was over 10% higher. Now some of that Tuesday number is probably due to the generally larger Tuesday increases we've seen this year and I don't think we've really seen enough to fully establish a pattern for BD1. But, given what we have seen, we certainly can't rule out better legs than NM had and while it would be pretty hard to make up the nearly $10M by which it's currently running behind NM, even with better legs, BD1 would need to make up less than $4M of it to hit $290M.