kayumanggi

MONDAY NUMBERS (10.07.2013) 6.0 M GRAVITY

I will accept no attacks on Bane. :angry:

Seriously, though, guys, I know "special film" means different things to each of us, but as a film lover, didn't the sheer technical insanity just boggle your mind with awesomeness? Or is this just something that you appreciate the more you know about film production?

I think that the people who are/were film students are the ones that appreciate it more.  I assume that there are a lot of current and former film students on this site, so I felt that Gravity would be very popular here.

Edit: sorry for interrupting the ultra important TDKR talk. I will let you all get back to your regularly scheduled TDKR conversation.

Edited by Walt Disney

That's Canadian Thanksgiving. Same for "Taken 2". Just have a look at those drops on tuesday for those movies.

Next try.

That was Columbus Day in the US in 2000 and Thanksgiving in Canada in 2000.  

http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/?year=2000

who cares what day it was. The number wont change.

Ehh..TDKR is the one film Nolan got wrong. He should have stopped with TDK, but then again, WB probably wouldn't have let him make Inception then. I felt like Nolan's heart wasn't in this film.

And, Bane's voice sounds atrocious. It's pull me out of the movie every time I watch it.

87% on RT and 1bil at the box office. Whatever, brah. Bane's voice is what made him nearly as iconic as the Joker. It was the best part of the character. 

• Like 3

I will accept no attacks on Bane. :angry:

Seriously, though, guys, I know "special film" means different things to each of us, but as a film lover, didn't the sheer technical insanity just boggle your mind with awesomeness? Or is this just something that you appreciate the more you know about film production?

(I'm the reverse of lordmandeep... watching a movie in a theater is sacrosanct to me. I don't want people talking to me, I don't want to talk to people, it's just me and the movie (and the vibe of the audience).) Hanging out with friends is fun -- we'll talk and goof and all that afterwards.

I'm with you 100%.  There are a million places you can go talk with your friends.  The theater isn't one of them.  I have thrown ice at people for continuously talking in the theater.  Nothing grinds my gears more than a bunch of chatter boxes who don't when to STFU in a theater.  When the film starts, I just want to watch and get lost in it.  That's also why I prefer to go alone.

• Like 7

Come on dude.  That's like saying who cares if December 25th is Christmas Day, the number won't change.

Who care's about facts, if they don't fit in your trolling argument?

That's what I love about facts, they disarm people like you in a minute.

But that's not enough, as it goes on and on and on and that's exactly what trolling is. Numbers are not about opinions and you know that, but you don't care, because it's not your goal to discuss within the facts. Instead you post contoversial statements that are supposed to attract attention and that's why you win, because people react at those postings.

• Like 1

I dont chatter box over a 2 hour film I may whisper to my friend 4-5 times at most or to me. 

I could not imagine how more tedious TDKR would be if did not laugh at Bane's voice.

I did like the film more at home as I was more in the mood for a dark depressing tedious film.