A Marvel Fanboy

Jim Jarmusch (current best American arthouse director)

Dead Man is one of my all-time favorites. I have a particularly fond memory of my first viewing of it, because I was like 13, and it has to be one of the first full-stop arthouse films I ever saw. I certainly didn't completely understand it at the time, but I was still transfixed by its unique atmosphere, and the performances and the dialogue were just fucking beautiful. "Do you know my poetry?"

Other than that, I've only seen Coffee and Cigarettes. Pretty wonderful little movie, endlessly enjoyable if you like the actors involved.

a very deadpan director, especially with the limits of control, a film i really have no idea what to think about.

7.0 permanent vacation

7.0 the limits of control

7.0 stranger than paradise

6.5 night on earth [seen only first two segments]

5.5 broken flowers

Well I saw all of Jarmusch's films this spring and I can honestly say he's currently one of my top 10 favorite filmmakers. I wouldn't say there's a single misfire in his filmography, and practically no mediocre films, either - I would be up for rewatching all of them in the future. Stranger Than Paradise, Dead Man and Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai are masterpieces, Down by Law and Only Lovers Left Alive are pretty close, and all the others are strong as well. 

7.3 permanent vacation
7.0 the limits of control
7.0 stranger than paradise
6.0 night on earth [seen only first two segments]
5.5 broken flowers

5.3 coffee and cigarettes
5.0 dead man
5.0 down by law

4.3 coffee and cigarettes III

4.0 coffee and cigarettes I

3.8 coffee and cigarettes II

Edited by lisa