Wadey Wilsoney

Deceptive Movie Titles

You hear the name of a movie you haven't heard of before, think you might have an idea what it's about, only for the actual film to be about something completely different.For instance, did you know there are no lesbians in the movie Les Girls? DISAPPOINTED!

Edited by Wade
  • Like 2

The Hurricane-quite a few people thought it was a disaster film when in fact it was a boxing drama.

I know quite a few that I have thought was something else.

(It is really late-having trouble sleeping)

Silence of the Lambs-there were no lambs, and it wasn't silent!

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest-I waited the ENTIRE movie for that cuckoo ;) (I know this title actually makes sense as it is about crazy people-but I could not resist)

• Like 2

Freddie Got Fingered - Freddie didn't get fingered at all!  (thank God).

Hangover 3 - the title would suggest that it was like part 1 and 2....definitely not.

There Will be Blood - eh, not really, the bowling alley scene notwithstanding.

No Country for Old Men - well, the average age of the characters in the movie were well over 40 and I'm sure there were some octogenarians living in the American west at the time of.....ah forget it...I got nothing.

• Like 2

Steve Martin during the 2000 Oscars: (This was about Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) "I waited the entire movie for the tiger and dragon. Then I got it! The tiger was crouching and the dragon was hidden!"

Little off-topic but totally fit in the "deceptive" adjective as in "deceptive movie poster", I think many were bummed when they waited the whole movie to have this shot that never came:

Posted Image

Back on topic, I thought Paddy Considine's Tyranosaur was a Jurassic Park rip-off and waited for a T-rex to pop up in British foggy country ripping into sheep.

Gilliam's Brazil doesn't even take place in Brazil.

Reservoir Dogs is not a drama about abandoned dogs hanging around a reservoir at my own disappointment.

Edited by dashrendar44