BenedictL11

Wednesday Numbers (10/16/2013)

They were alot of ppl on here saying 250M is locked. And I mean so called box office experts.  :ph34r:

Its still only a 34% drop week to week.. Its doing fine.I predicted a 5-10 multiplier before release and "ppl" said i was crazy...That happens here. Alot. People have opinions. Sometimes you're right and sometimes you're wrong...
  • Like 1

it's funny how people fluctuate in their predictions only taking into account one day. Now 250m is in danger. Monday 300m was locked and 350m a real possibility. The fact is we were headed since 2nd weekend for a 260-280m total DOM. And that's awesome!

• Like 2

After 17 days, the tally will be 170-175m. BO wise, we know that after this days films with strong WOM do around 35-40% more. So we can add 70m to reach 240m. Then add oscars and a few million more for the building hype. You have 260-280m

• Like 1

Its still only a 34% drop week to week.. Its doing fine.I predicted a 5-10 multiplier before release and "ppl" said i was crazy...That happens here. Alot. People have opinions. Sometimes you're right and sometimes you're wrong...

Yes and even the self proclaimed "box office analysts" are wrong as well.

• Like 1

it's funny how people fluctuate in their predictions only taking into account one day. Now 250m is in danger. Monday 300m was locked and 350m a real possibility. The fact is we were headed since 2nd weekend for a 260-280m total DOM. And that's awesome!

I have always said Gravity would beat Wall-E's $223m but haven't made these wild $350/$400m predictions.  I stand by my $223m + ...everything else is gravy.

Gravity is receiving less direct competition this weekend than last, but it's also burning off IMAX 3D demand, so I expect a drop slightly higher (high 20s) this weekend to 30-31m or so. Still an incredible run.

• Like 1