babz06

Cars 3 | 6.16.2017 | Trailer Page 14

What a joke this franchise is.

Pixar should be ashamed of themselves. 

Look at Disney- Tangled, Ralph, Frozen, Hero and Zootopia- have been miles ahead of Pixar since Toy Story 3, even the one I really disliked, BH6, was much better than Good Dinosaur, Cars 2, Monsters Uni.

26 minutes ago, BK007 said:

What a joke this franchise is.

Pixar should be ashamed of themselves. 

Look at Disney- Tangled, Ralph, Frozen, Hero and Zootopia- have been miles ahead of Pixar since Toy Story 3, even the one I really disliked, BH6, was much better than Good Dinosaur, Cars 2, Monsters Uni.

Pixar CGI movies (TS to Good Dinosaur) >>>> Disney ones

oh and Inside Out is better than every Disney film you mentioned 

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

Really? Where would you place Brave or Monster's University in the Lineup?

In generell the Pixar movies are better, but yes, some Disney hits were more preferable than Cars 2 or Brave, like Zootopia or Tangled, but the best Pixar movies are definately surpassing the best Disney film, CGI of course. 

I thought CARS1 was under-rated and it's multiplier of 4x made sense to me. I was in line with the GA.

CARS2 was not good and it's 2.9x multiplier also made sense to me ^_^. Am not surprised that it has one of worst multipliers for a mainstream animation.

MINIONS 2.9x was after 6.2m in record previews (at the time) and a 116m OW. SHREK3 of course, takes the cake with 2.65x.

CARS3 on the optimistic side will land between CARS1 and CARS2 in quality. Hope that happens.

CARS2 did 191.5 dom / 368.4 os / 559.9 ww. CARS merchandising apparently makes Disney a ton of money.

If CARS3 does only 130 dom / 270 os / 400 ww with a 200m budget, it will still break even/make a profit after merchandising, while most films would loose money with that box office and budget.

Edited by a2knet

I guess there's really not much at all for this so far. No new casting or art, only some plot descriptions, and not much else to go off of. Plus, Pixar may not want to go up against DM3 (which could doble this film's gross honestly)

1 minute ago, Spaghetti said:

I guess there's really not much at all for this so far. No new casting or art, only some plot descriptions, and not much else to go off of. Plus, Pixar may not want to go up against DM3 (which could doble this film's gross honestly)

Despicable Me 3 is a non-issue. Cars 3 will still have two weekends to itself, which is all it needs.

Why do people say this will be postponed? Is there any production problems?

Coupled with some wishful thinking I bet. They've started some low key promotion with crew interviews on Facebook. It's not like The Good Dinosaur where there was pretty much nothing, and Cars 2 also didn't release its first trailer until November

Sent from my Z820 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, a2knet said:

I thought CARS1 was under-rated and it's multiplier of 4x made sense to me. I was in line with the GA.

CARS2 was not good and it's 2.9x multiplier also made sense to me ^_^. Am not surprised that it has one of worst multipliers for a mainstream animation.

MINIONS 2.9x was after 6.2m in record previews (at the time) and a 116m OW. SHREK3 of course, takes the cake with 2.65x.

CARS3 on the optimistic side will land between CARS1 and CARS2 in quality. Hope that happens.

CARS2 did 191.5 dom / 368.4 os / 559.9 ww. CARS merchandising apparently makes Disney a ton of money.

If CARS3 does only 130 dom / 270 os / 400 ww with a 200m budget, it will still break even/make a profit after merchandising, while most films would loose money with that box office and budget.

agreed. Cars 1 was good. If Cars 3 is closer to Cars 1 I will be happy. 

• Like 2