babz06

Cars 3 | 6.16.2017 | Trailer Page 14

2 minutes ago, angeldelmito said:

Sypnosis:

Blindsided by a new generation of blazing-fast racers, the legendary Lightning McQueen (voice of Owen Wilson) is suddenly pushed out of the sport he loves. To get back in the game, he will need the help of an eager young race technician, Cruz Ramirez, with her own plan to win, plus inspiration from the late Fabulous Hudson Hornet and a few unexpected turns. Proving that #95 isn’t through yet will test the heart of a champion on Piston Cup Racing’s biggest stage!

Yep, it's a by-the-numbers sports drama.

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

I can see a case of this being an "overcorrection" and critics still hate it for being too grim in addition to making no sense

Based on the synopsis it sounds more like the grim, dark shit will mostly be in the first act (or hell, first scenes) and most of the movie will be about him recovering and trying to race again with the new character which I imagine won't be as gritty.

Either way meh bring on Coco and Incredibles II.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Based on the synopsis it sounds more like the grim, dark shit will mostly be in the first act (or hell, first scenes) and most of the movie will be about him recovering and trying to race again with the new character which I imagine won't be as gritty.

Either way meh bring on Coco and Incredibles II.

Sounds like a PG version of Rush. 

• Like 1

The problem with this franchise is that it fundamentally makes no sense... who builds their houses? Who builds anything in this universe?

Trying to figure the logic out in his franchise is maddening. No amount of Dark Knight darkness can fix this hot mess.

But merchandise 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PatrickvD said:

The problem with this franchise is that it fundamentally makes no sense... who builds their houses? Who builds anything in this universe?

Trying to figure the logic out in his franchise is maddening. No amount of Dark Knight darkness can fix this hot mess.

But merchandise 

Knowing the Internet there's probably a twelve page essay written by a fan explaining all of this.

15 minutes ago, PatrickvD said:

But merchandise 

Or it'd be easier not to worry that much about it, it doesn't really matter that much.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mango said:

Knowing the Internet there's probably a twelve page essay written by a fan explaining all of this.

I actually think this is a universe nobody can explain. Which is why it is so hated, people a dissapointed and frustrated with the whole consept and not just the kids/merchandicing aspect. 

A rare franchise where "it was all just a dream" might be welcome by some people. And I doupt the kid fans would even care.

9 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

Or it'd be easier not to worry that much about it, it doesn't really matter that much.

Exactly what kids (mostly boys) do : they don't think about that at all.

However : I agree that I also think about these things, Cars' world is absolutely not coherent, like not at all o_o

I need to see this trailer now, these talks about being dark/gritty makes me very curious :P

4 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

The Dark McQueen Rises

Wow, I didn't expect that at all...This franchise is Pixar's least interesting (I watched both movies and they were fine but nothing more..) and still they could have my interest, this change of style could be fascinating.

1 hour ago, PatrickvD said:

But merchandise 

I'm in the camp that thinks as long as a movie makes an emotional sense, people will buy it. Exhibit A the movie in your avatar.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Exactly what kids (mostly boys) do : they don't think about that at all.

However : I agree that I also think about these things, Cars' world is absolutely not coherent, like not at all o_o

I need to see this trailer now, these talks about being dark/gritty makes me very curious :P

Still don't think it matters, like at all. Sometimes things just exist for the fun of it, with no reason. Like how a man can survive on a space station by himself with no assistance for upkeep for several years.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

Still don't think it matters, like at all. Sometimes things just exist for the fun of it, with no reason. Like how a man can survive on a space station by himself with no assistance for upkeep for several years.

Yeah I agree that it doesn't matter, I watched both Cars anyway, even with these doubts in my mind :P