babz06

Cars 3 | 6.16.2017 | Trailer Page 14

10 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I highly doubt that. LB will likely be the biggest animated film of the year, so that alone probably guarantees a nom. Ninjago is a huge question mark in terms of quality and success. 

It was only in jest, I really like The Ninjago short before Storks so I'm hopeful it'll be good. Lego Batman will probably make more money in its OW than what Storks did in its domestic run but I expect Ninjago will do decently.

My only fear is that if the branded properties like Lego and Scooby Doo do better than the original films like Storks and Smallfoot then WB will focus on making less original animated films.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

It was only in jest, I really like The Ninjago short before Storks so I'm hopeful it'll be good. Lego Batman will probably make more money in its OW than what Storks did in its domestic run but I expect Ninjago will do decently.

My only fear is that if the branded properties like Lego and Scooby Doo do better than the original films like Storks and Smallfoot then WB will focus on making less original animated films.

Yeah, that is a worry. But hey, Storks was really well recieved (deservedly so), geared up some insane legs in its late run, and who knows, could be a dark horse contender for a Best Animated Feature nomination. Maybe those things will incite WB to continue w/the originals.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yeah, that is a worry. But hey, Storks was really well recieved (deservedly so), geared up some insane legs in its late run, and who knows, could be a dark horse contender for a Best Animated Feature nomination. Maybe those things will incite WB to continue w/the originals.

Yeah sorry but not even a small chance of a Storks nom. There are 7-8 films fighting to the death for a nom this year, and even after that you have films like SLOP and Trolls that would still probably get in first. Storks would be unlikely in a field of 10 noms this year. Landmark year for the medium. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yeah sorry but not even a small chance of a Storks nom. There are 7-8 films fighting to the death for a nom this year, and even after that you have films like SLOP and Trolls that would still probably get in first. Storks would be unlikely in a field of 10 noms this year. Landmark year for the medium. 

I agree, I liked Storks but it has no chance of a nomination.  

8 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

Stone and Parker should whip up a movie for next year so they complete their EGOT

Parker is going kid friendly next year with DM3:lol:

After Sausage Party being more or less a success, they really do need to give us a new adult animated feature. And preferably not South Park 2. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

After Sausage Party being more or less a success, they really do need to give us a new adult animated feature. And preferably not South Park 2. 

I'd love something original from them. They haven't done a movie since Team America. 

And I'll probably see DM3 for Parker. Especially if he gets to write his own music

6 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I imagine Parker and Stone's next feature film would be The Book of Mormon.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

I highly doubt that. LB will likely be the biggest animated film of the year, so that alone probably guarantees a nom. Ninjago is a huge question mark in terms of quality and success. 

If anything Ninjago is this generation's Bionicle, I'd say it could possibly make over $200M domestic. LB should do $285M (minimum) to $360M (maximum).

• Like 1

I think everyone's going to laugh their asses off once that teaser is shown to be deeply misleading.

They didn't even show the cars' eyes!

tbh everyone knows they have eyes. And the merchandise money is too important to be lost due to too grim of a movie. So no worries there.

• Like 1