babz06

Cars 3 | 6.16.2017 | Trailer Page 14

11 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Will Cars 3 be good?

Who the hell cares it's all about the merchandising!

stop saying this shit, we all know that this franchise is the Lasseter's passion project, it isn't a Shreck or Hotel Transylvania where the movie were made only for money, although, I always thought really weird that Lasseter was not able to put his heart in these movies, if it is his special project, why he can't make more than just average movies? I don't get this 

He thinks the idea of talking cars is inherently cool enough that he doesn't need to put any thought into how the world would actually work or whether his morals actually make sense

• Like 1

On February 24, 2016 at 2:36 AM, tribefan695 said:

Lasseter is the guy who greenlights these films. My point is they don't "need" to make them, they make them because he wants them to. They could still survive and make great films without these movies on their record.

I've accepted they're not perfect and they'll sometimes make things I won't like or understand, I just want this pretense of the Cars movies being a "necessary evil" to be dropped.

Pretty much. There is no need for Cars 3 to exist even for merch purposes. 

It's only the perfect storm of merch money and John Lasseter's fervent love for the franchise that this movie was funded and is being made. I can not think of a greater example of a marriage between the forces of art and commerce coming together to will into existence a film sequel that so few people actually want.

Well, the entirety of the internet more like.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 6:29 PM, ThatOneGuy said:

WHY THE HELL IS THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENING?

It's gonna turn a profit at the BO and will boost merchandising sales greatly.  Oh...and the writers have obviously a very important story to tell. 

One might counter that it's even more embarrassing to go back to that well after you've already failed. I think people would be more forgiving if they let this franchise go after the second movie.

But on the other hand I suppose it's a relief to have no interest in being the one guy to ardently defend a future project of theirs

• Like 1