babz06

Cars 3 | 6.16.2017 | Trailer Page 14

12 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Hope they're having story problems and planning on delaying it

I somehow doubt that.

But if they're still having problems with the story right now, they'll have to delay it. 14 months is crunch time to make a feature length animated film.

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I somehow doubt that.

But if they're still having problems with the story right now, they'll have to delay it. 14 months is crunch time to make a feature length animated film.

Cars3 is not about the movie, it is about toys and merchandise. Pixar are having some trouble right now, but they are going to get through this. Cars3 will be just fine. An average entertaining animation movie. Not the Pixar standards.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The next D23 is after the release of this movie. Most likely we will get a trailer with Dory.

I forget D23 is once every 2 years. Cars while not critically acclaimed is popular with audiences and merchandise and toy sales will more than make up any dips at the box office. 

1 minute ago, leatherjacket said:

Cars3 is not about the movie, it is about toys and merchandise. Pixar are having some trouble right now, but they are going to get through this. Cars3 will be just fine. An average entertaining animation movie. Not the Pixar standards.

I'd say that Pixar isn't really in any trouble at all. Sure, the only non-sequel they have announced is Coco, but they still have great talent.

If they still haven't announced any crew by the time Finding Dory's out, yeah, I'd say there's something up. Not that I have high expectations for this either way.

To be fair, Jennifer Lee and Rich Moore's directorial credits on Frozen and Zootopia weren't announced until about a year to release

3 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

If they still haven't announced any crew by the time Finding Dory's out, yeah, I'd say there's something up. Not that I have high expectations for this either way.

To be fair, Jennifer Lee and Rich Moore's directorial credits on Frozen and Zootopia weren't announced until about a year to release

Well, that's because Rich Moore wasn't really a director for Zootopia until about a year to release.

13 hours ago, cannastop said:

Well, that's because Rich Moore wasn't really a director for Zootopia until about a year to release.

That is not true. Rich joined the production in late 2012 per the Fusion Zootopia doc.

Coco had animation announced at CinemaCon, nothing for Cars 3. Maybe cold feet are had and Pixar just has one release that year? With DM3 out two weeks later and Pirates 5 out three weeks prior, I can see a delay happening.

31 minutes ago, goldenstate5 said:

That is not true. Rich joined the production in late 2012 per the Fusion Zootopia doc.

Coco had animation announced at CinemaCon, nothing for Cars 3. Maybe cold feet are had and Pixar just has one release that year? With DM3 out two weeks later and Pirates 5 out three weeks prior, I can see a delay happening.

I watched that documentary, but I don't remember that part. Can you tell me where it says that he joined the production at that time?

On 14/04/2016 at 5:26 PM, leatherjacket said:

Hmmm, how? Despite the underperformance of TGD, they had an IO last year, a movie that I'm pretty sure that made enough profits to make up the failure of this movie, and, let's not forget that they're going to release the (probably) biggest movie of year, Pixar never had trouble because of numbers, actually, not even in critical, despite being weak movies, Brave, MU, TGD all had good reviews, and were well received by public