Poll on CAYOM's Future

CAYOM Future Poll  

19 members have voted

1. 1. How Should We Proceed with CAYOM

• Keep It As It Is
    • Change to the Festival System
    • Change to the Month System

You can open a schedule for the whole year in advance (like we used to do) but only projects in the season will be posted and that section done before we move on to the next season. So if players post films on the summer schedule and then decide they don't want to do them, they can remove them and those slots open.

Nevermind that, my brain farted.

The thing is... We should open the schedule at the same time (Like the same time) because else, we will wait to release a movie in Summer, but the schedule ends up being too crowded. I know we can push them back if it's the case, but if this problem occurs during the holiday, what are we supposed to do?There are many franchise movies that will kill off any chance of scheduling around them - thing is, the surprises will be big when you find out that there will be no space at all to put your movie in.

The Advance Schedule for the whole year occurs as normal.

Films simply would not be posted in the Year 8/9/etc thread until it is their season. Meaning a holiday film will be scheduled, but not posted until we reach the Holiday Season. What Creator said is what is intended.

• Like 1

I think we should just create a thread for each season:

Year 8: Winter - January and FebruaryYear 8: Spring - March and AprilYear 8: Summer Part 1 - May and June

Year 8: Summer Part 2 - July and August

Year 8: Fall - September and OctoberYear 8: Holidays - November and December

I think everyone like the seasonal system. Let's set a date for November 1 to get things back up. I'll see if I can post a thread in the Box Office Discussion board to advertise.

As I said in my earlier post, I will be unavailable really November 1-3, so I suggested a November 8 start is better since it gives an extra week cushion to get all the details set and for assorted film work.

• Like 1

I think we should just create a thread for each season:

Year 8: Winter - January and FebruaryYear 8: Spring - March and AprilYear 8: Summer Part 1 - May and June

Year 8: Summer Part 2 - July and August

Year 8: Fall - September and OctoberYear 8: Holidays - November and December

Nah, not necessary. The thread title will be like this:

CAYOM Year 8 (WINTER SEASON)

And then when the box office and reviews for Winter Season are done we move on and the thread title is like:

CAYOM Year 8 (SPRING SEASON) (Starts Pg. X)

• Like 1

So the Winter Season of the Year 8 Reboot will start sometime on November 8th and the Part 1 thread will close on the 24th since Thanksgiving will be a blop in the middle of the Winter Season so we can use that slow period for reviews, BO predictions, etc.

• Like 2

I voted for the season type (not sure about the fall/holiday thing, maybe you can explain it to me :) )I have lost pretty much all the interest in this game over the past few months but now im motivated an have some time to start writing again. So where do we start? I guess its not a complete reboot again, right? All the previous years will be taken into account (sequels boxoffice and stuff)? Sry for my english today but my brain is not working anylonger.... so many exams the past few weeks x(

Edited by SilverShark

So Part 1 of each season is going to last three weeks?

No just over 2 weeks (Friday to the Sunday of two weekends later, 16 days).

SS we're rebooting Year 8 under a new Seasonal System. The first 7 years remain on the books.

• Like 1

Will the people who have already had their films for Year 8 get first dibs or can us stragglers get some in?

It's a reboot. While we are going to re-use the Year 8 Advance Schedule to help guide things, the new entrants certainly have the right to challenge for contested spots on the schedule when it is time for each season. Once Part 1 v. 2.0 goes up, you can post your Jan-March films as soon as they are ready to be posted.

• Like 1