Olive

Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( More than $700M WW, Huge Success!)

My forecasts :

$250m DOM

$300m OS

$550m WW

Seems realistic. But I hope for more than that, $300m DOM would be very enjoyable, same thing for $600m WW.

If the movie is as good as I expect it to be it could be easily reachable.

I can't see it beyond $700m WW though.

Edited by The Winter Soldier
  • Like 1

What's Cap's potential in some major Asian markets?I was a bit surprised of how well CA did (relatively) in Latin America. Hoping to see good increase for Cap2 there.

What's Cap's potential in some major Asian markets?I was a bit surprised of how well CA did (relatively) in Latin America. Hoping to see good increase for Cap2 there.

Expect South Korea to increase significantly from the measly $3.8m it grossed for Ca:first avenger. Chris Evans stock has gone up alot here with his roles in 2 films in "snow piercer" and "the avengers" that were released after first avenger.Current pre-release ratings is 9.43 on Korea's biggest portal site Naver so people are pretty excited about it. Edited by Rsyu
  • Like 5

Expect South Korea to increase significantly from the measly $3.8m it grossed for Ca:first avenger. Chris Evans stock has gone up alot here with his roles in 2 films in "snow piercer" and "the avengers" that were released after first avenger.Current pre-release ratings is 9.43 on Korea's biggest portal site Naver so people are pretty excited about it.

Thanks for the info.Around T:TDW number over there would be great.

I think finally Captain America 2 will do better than Thor 2 and we will all be surprised!!

Yes. I thought it was impossible for Cap2 to beat Thor 2. But Marvel has done a great job with its marketing. It definitely has a great chance now considering it seem to link better with Avengers than Thor. I doubt its gonna gross anywhere close to IM3 but IM3 grossly over performed relative to expectations and it would be interesting where it will end up. We will know for sure after next week.

I think finally Captain America 2 will do better than Thor 2 and we will all be surprised!!

Still has America in its title and it doesn't help that many people thought Cap was something of a weak-link in the Avengers.

325M