Neo

Captain Underpants | June 2, 2017

As I said, the original press release said Captain Underpants is going to be lower-budget and done outside of the Glendale studio. There's speculation it will be done at the Montreal animation studio that did The Little Prince (directed by Mark Osborne of KFP1), Katzenberg made a visit there a couple months ago.

And as I also said, there has not yet been an official announcement of CU's new date, just that it would be some time in 2017. I was genuinely surprised to see CU put into the 3/10/17 date by BOM, it may have been speculation or a mistake on the part of their source (since that was the old date of the Mumbai musical, maybe they assumed CU was taking its date?)

With so much in flux, anything could change (provided this date has actually been set by DWA/Fox to begin with).

Edited by TServo2049

As I said, the original press release said Captain Underpants is going to be lower-budget and done outside of the Glendale studio. There's speculation it will be done at the Montreal animation studio that did The Little Prince (directed by Mark Osborne of KFP1), Katzenberg made a visit there a couple months ago.

And as I also said, there has not yet been an official announcement of CU's new date, just that it would be some time in 2017. I was genuinely surprised to see CU put into the 3/10/17 date by BOM, it may have been speculation or a mistake on the part of their source (since that was the old date of the Mumbai musical, maybe they assumed CU was taking its date?)

As of now 3/10 til said otherwise. If so would have done this a few days ago.

• Like 1

• Community Manager

When I was a kid, I wanted this as a live-action comedy with Tim Allen as Captain Underpants :lol:

That would have actually been pretty great.

I think this could work box office wise. Sure, I don't know if six-year olds still read this but nostalgia among our generation, the current popularity of superheroes, and there's potential here for a solid family film...I think this could do well.

• Like 2

I think the "Captain Underpants" concept is pretty interesting to see how it translates to the big-screen.

But some people are criticizing the concept on this way too early and way too much.... :(

Is it because of the title? Cause some people here, think...."oh, really?......Captain Underpants? I mean.....it could turn out to be a good movie as a surprise. At least more well-liked than Shark-Tale.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

I think the "Captain Underpants" concept is pretty interesting to see how it translates to the big-screen.

But some people are criticizing the concept on this way too early and way too much.... :(

Is it because of the title? Cause some people here, think...."oh, really?......Captain Underpants? I mean.....it could turn out to be a good movie as a surprise. At least more well-liked than Shark-Tale.

Two pages and I don't see this.