Neo

Captain Underpants | June 2, 2017

56 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

If it weren't for Kevin Hart this would sound like a rollicking good time. But he is really holding me back.

He was decent in Pets though but then again Pets was a C grade movie anyway.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MrMarosa said:

This will be slaughtered by Wonder Woman.

Oh, yeah? Like Trolls would be slaughtered by Doctor Strange? Zootopia would be slaughtered by Batman V Superman? Or hell....Monsters University would be slaughtered by Man of Steel?

Pft! Obvious superhero-overestimating, much? ?

We can't really underestimate the animated family movies just because it's getting released close to a superhero-movie? Just fanboy-wishing to see the comic-book superhero-movies Triumph over the animated ones, lol.

Normally i'd scoff at such a comparison, but even though the mediums are different, it's still two superhero movies in one weekend. One people have been waiting fifty years for and the other - well, fifteen. I think the demographic odds are stacked in WW's favor, but even if (when) CU comes in second, that doesn't mean it's a failure. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Oh, yeah? Like Trolls would be slaughtered by Doctor Strange? Zootopia would be slaughtered by Batman V Superman? Or hell....Monsters University would be slaughtered by Man of Steel?

Pft! Obvious superhero-overestimating, much? ?

We can't really underestimate the animated family movies just because it's getting released close to a superhero-movie? Just fanboy-wishing to see the comic-book superhero-movies Triumph over the animated ones, lol.

While we shouldn't underestimate animation, Trolls had the star power and was the first major family film in a while, MU was an anticipated prequel, and Zootopia was in its 4th weekend and BVS had awful WOM. This is also 2 superhero films opening in the same weekend and CU has had less marketing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I thought a lot of it was funny. Not every single joke, but it's zany and the slapstick is chuckleable 

Reminds me of some of the books humor.

• Like 2