John Marston

X-Men: Days of Future Past OS thread

THR: Internationally, the 20th Century Fox tentpole took in $171.1 million for the weekend, putting its global total at a whopping $281.1 million -- the best debut of any X-Men film.

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $90,700,000  34.6%Foreign:  $171,080,000  65.4% = Worldwide:  $261,780,000  

Absolutely massive opening. :o  :D  It already destroyed X1 and only 20M away from X2, XM:OW should beat all of the X-Men movies by next Sunday update. 500M OS is looking very good and with a shot at 550M. X-Men will be the biggest SH movie of the year barring GOTG breakout. 

• Like 4

WOW. what is big in Portugal? Now I am hopeful of it grossing > 500M OS.

It just crapped all over the OWs of TASM2 and CA2. It could have been bigger than Noah (2nd biggest OW of the year right now) but the Champions finale hurt it. 

• Like 4

What is up with the number of territories? 100+ territories? I did t even know there are that much BO OS territories :lol:That's an awesome number for X-Men. Incredible comeback.

I would go so far as to say 500m is virtually locked with that China opening and increases over First Class massive across the board.

261M WOOWWW

Marvel fanboys gonna hate

Uh what, X-Men is marvel

Edited by eXtacy

I would go so far as to say 500m is virtually locked with that China opening and increases over First Class massive across the board.

Uh what, X-Men is marvel

Marvel studios? of course not

Edited by Blink23

That opening is very impressive. Given that Spain and Japan could have added at least another $15M, I think it's safe to say that it's earning more than $400M. However, a large proportion of that comes from China and other Asian territories, which tend to be very front-loaded. The likelihood that it will cross $500M is still very high but let's not guarantee it until next weekend. After all, Godzilla crumbled this weekend in markets outside NA (and NA as well) so anything could happen. But usually such big hits trump the post-release competition (including Memorial-Day hits Pirates 3, MIB 3 and Pirates 4) so I would bet it'll earn more than $500M. With the domestic total looking to be lower than Cap 2 (although probably not lower than Spidey 2), it will be a photo finish among the 3 Marvel movies for first place, with all of them finishing between $700M and $750M in worldwide grosses.

Edited by Quigley

Iove how by next weekend, this should be the largest X-Men film internationally... I mean, jesus christ, thats a pretty nice improvement over the previous films. I was thinking 400M OS would be impressive. Provided wom holds steady, it will blow past that in no time!

It's not hitting $500m OS. Didn't it open in all of its markets? If so, then it's not hitting it. Probably finish with $475m. 

$550m is dead, though. No way in hell is it going to achieve a 3x multiplier. Still a fucking huge success.

• Like 1