John Marston

Thursday Numbers- Ender's Game 1.4 million

it's not really a bad or good number. Looks like it is going to hit the 27m opening most were predicting

Thursday Nights for similar films

Elysium - 1.6m

Pacific Rim - 3.6m 

Oblivion - 1.1m 

Now You See Me- 1.5m 

After Earth - 1

John Carter - 500,000

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 1

Beat me by a second. Great start for Enders Game. It doesn't look like a bad movie at all. Has anyone seen it?

Haven't seen it yet but reviews are mixed to the point where they contradict each other. Here are two reviews someone posted

Some say it's very good, like this one:

"Gavin Hood's adaptation is one of the best book-to-screen transitions of any work of science fiction." (http://www.scifimovi...endersgame.html

Others say stuff like this:

"Not only does "Ender's Game" have many scenes in zero gravity, but this zero-sum fiasco has zero drama, zero suspense, zero humor, zero charm and zero appeal."

(Wall Street Journal, but I can't find the actual review).

Edited by John Marston

Haven't seen it yet but reviews are mixed to the point where they contradict each other. Here are two reviews someone posted

Some say it's very good, like this one:"Gavin Hood's adaptation is one of the best book-to-screen transitions of any work of science fiction." (http://www.scifimovi...endersgame.htmlOthers say stuff like this:"Not only does "Ender's Game" have many scenes in zero gravity, but this zero-sum fiasco has zero drama, zero suspense, zero humor, zero charm and zero appeal."(Wall Street Journal, but I can't find the actual review).

LOL That's pretty common with RT though. You can find polar opposites reviews for most films.

it's not really a bad or good number. Looks like it is going to hit the 27m opening most were predicting

Elysium - 1.6m

Pacific Rim - 3.6m 

Oblivion - 1.1m 

Now You See Me- 1.5m 

After Earth - 1

John Carter - 500,000

Still in summer mode I see.

• Like 1

Elysium - 1.6m

Pacific Rim - 3.6m 

Oblivion - 1.1m 

Now You See Me- 1.5m 

After Earth - 1

John Carter - 500,000

I think for October it's pretty good.

• Like 1

I'm really surprised by that. Maybe the book fanbase for this is being really underestimated?

I looked on IMDB there are quite a few fans. Enough to organize a boycott (don't ask me why) LOL.