Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

THE WOLVERINE, G.I. JOE: RETALIATION, PACIFIC RIM, THE HANGOVER lll, THE SMURFS ll, OBLIVION, AFTER EARTH,

Comparing to what a group of domestic underperformers/flops lol.

Even though, only original Oblivion and AE among those did less OS, yet not far behind, than STID ... lol

Star Trek 2 made less than Gi Joe 2 overseas. 

People like to say "oh you just overpredicted the movie". Expecting it to outgross the original is not an over prediction or a loony prediction.'

I am not a hater of this film. I loved it, but this revisionism is just embarrassing 

GI JOE is Big Mac.

STID is Angus Steak compared to GI JOE.

...But STiD is still no Wolfgang Puck's

Edited by zackzack

the main problem I have is not people saying Star Trek 2 still did all right. It is the people going "only loonies were predicting higher numbers"

Neo - $815M
iTz ED - $752M
JackO - $750M
TylerDurden365 - $730M
druv10 - $720M
Jake Gittes - $713M
24Lost - $711M
c00k13 - $700M
Simionski - $700M
acsc1312 - $680M
DAR - $675M
Schumacher FTW - $670M
Filmovie - $664M
iceroll - $650M
Punishment - $650M
Iron Olive - $650M
Fake - $650M
Gizmo - $650M
Sam - $630M
Cmasterclay - $630M
Glassfairy - $630M
Michael G Scott - $625M
The Stingray - $625M
Blankments Into Darkness - $625M
RichWS - $615M
Newbie - $613M
CEDAR - $605M
IronMan89 - $605M
Kayumanggi - $600M
Vanilla - $600M
Chasmmi - $600M
Kitik - $600M
ShawnMR - $600M
grim22 - $585M
baumer - $584M
Telemachos - $582M
narniadis - $575M
Jay Salahi - $571M
Dexter of Suburbia - $570M
TLK - $570M
CJohn - $560M
Mattrek - $550M
Goffe - $548M
Tower - $521M
junkshop38 - $515M
ChFloppit - $485M

laguy03 - $485M

Star Trek 2 made less than all these

How many people were predicting Oz the Great and Powerful or Fast and  Furious 6 would outgross Star Trek 2 domestically? How many predicted it would miss the top ten grossing films of 2013? 

• Like 1

Firedeep simply doesn't understand how well STID performed compared to every other Trek film ever. It's a franchise that only now has found international footing to grow in.

It is not I dont know. It is just I dont care.

One reason is becasue back when the first 10 Trek movies were made, most movies didnt do big numbers in OS anyway.

the main problem I have is not people saying Star Trek 2 still did all right. It is the people going "only loonies were predicting higher numbers"

Who's people? Because the only one that said that repeatedly like he already knew this would perform less than ST09  is Captain Craig. I didn't see any other poster trying to say that only loonies overpredicted, every other posters agree that it didn't perform as they expected, that was a disappointment. That's where I don't understand your "anti-revisionism" crusade for one poster.

Comparing to what a group of domestic underperformers/flops lol.

Even though, only original Oblivion and AE among those did less OS, yet not far behind, than STID ... lol

So you call these movies underperformers? Then that only shows STID did relatively well. THE WOLVERINE is the biggest Wolvy movie, and yet STID still made more than it. After two films, G.I. JOE couldn't even touch 400 M. Your beloved THE SMURFS ll went down big time. And OBLIVION and AFTER EARTH, despite having A-list stars didn't even touch 300 M.

People expected a lot from this, that's true. But it's box office performance isn't terrible at all.

So you call these movies underperformers? Then that only shows STID did relatively well. THE WOLVERINE is the biggest Wolvy movie, and yet STID still made more than it. After two films, G.I. JOE couldn't even touch 400 M. Your beloved THE SMURFS ll went down big time. And OBLIVION and AFTER EARTH, despite having A-list stars didn't even touch 300 M.

Yes, they all sort of underperformed DOM, except maybe GIJ2.

And you just ignore the fact STID had shitload more budgets than all those movies ? LOL.

TW OS gross made up really well, so it performed very good, only has a 120m budget. Similar to GIJ2, TS2, OB, AE, all with budgets less than 130m.

STID had a shit 190m budget.

It is so obvious. Lol.

Yes, they all sort of underperformed DOM, except maybe GIJ2.

And you just ignore the fact STID had shitload more budgets than all those movies ? LOL.

TW OS gross made up really well, so it performed very good, only has a 120m budget. Similar to GIJ2, TS2, OB, AE, all with budgets less than 130m.

STID had a shit 190m budget.

It is so obvious. Lol.

It had a bigger budget. But it made more right? And the sequel is happening.

Edited by kayumanggi

Never thought 2015 was likely, the 50th anniversary was too good an opportunity to miss for Paramount and CBS, the latter owns the Star Trek brand and it'll likely be a huge revenue earner for both companies so we'll probably likely have interviews with casts from the likes of Shatner, Nimoy, Stewart etc if they promote STIII and the 50th like MGM, Sony and EON did with Bond's 50th and Skyfall, STIII will likely be able to top both Star Trek and STID.