Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Probably, yeah. It's going to be the last movie with this whole particular team in tact that we'll ever see anyway.

They've already said a ST4 is coming out with Chris Hemsworth as Kirk's Dad.

This was fucking terrific, people.
Best blockbuster of the summer with Civil War.

Everything was on point : action, set pieces (so much ideas & creativity), VFX, designs (Sofia Boutella's make up, a future Comic Con classic !, the incredible space station , those vistas, seeing the Enterprise passing trough giant glasses !), the whole casting has a fantastic beat to it, best villain of this trilogy also.

You could feel this was a work of labour from a true Trekkie.

That final shot of the rebuilding of the Enterprise with all the voices of the crew saying those iconic lines : fucking shivers !

:wub::cloud9::bravo:

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 7

1. STID

2. STB

3. ST'09

They are all great tho, fantastic trilogy, hope they keep this cast as long as they can.

This movie in its first 20 minutes had more ideas than Star Wars Force Awakens (which I like a lot too, no hatin').

:shades:

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sam said:

I was so on board with your review of Beyond, then you lost me here. 

I really have to revisit ST'09, they are all VERY close tho.

I really like all of them A Lot.

The choreography of the set pieces was virtuositic to me, so many great ideas and cool shots.

I left the movie on a high, wanting more.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

If Beyond is to die at the box office, let's at least get in a prayer circle.

I love this film and truly think it's been the best blockbuster released this year.

Until a sequel is officially announced and in production, we're gonna be one hell of a support group. Gonna be so much tears and rage. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

If Beyond is to die at the box office, let's at least get in a prayer circle.

I love this film and truly think it's been the best blockbuster released this year.

The box office performance of the movie is a bit sad.

So Lin or Wan ?

:sherlock:

• Like 2

On 8/9/2016 at 7:49 PM, Jay Hollywood said:

I still think they give it another shot. I do. I know this will loose money but its a 50 year old Franchise . The movies all got great reviews, Paramount has to be honest and admit to itself they dropped the ball. This could have done another 100m WW easy if the didn't fuck up so bad. 

This is bottom tier Trek Numbers. 9 Trek films will have sold more tickets, they have a solid range to fall in. And I don't think anyone thinks we will get a better cast really or a better starting point.    They have one more on the contract, they will go through with it, I think and hope. 

Man, I really hope your right, I feel like there is at least one more good film to come out of this, and the idea of Chris Hemsworth in it makes me excited. I think they could boost the BO potential with that if marketed right, probably lower the budget to about $150m. they really need to do something to expand the overseas audience though. if it weren't for it completely bombing over there, I'd say for sure they are gonna do it. it still hasn't released in China though has it? 

5 minutes ago, Sam said:

Until a sequel is officially announced and in production, we're gonna be one hell of a support group. Gonna be so much tears and rage. 

I am waiting for China to save us. Bless us with 150m.

I need Chris Pine and daddy Hemsworth. Don't deny me this.

• Like 8